Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the Irish game against Wales have to say McCarthy is playing well and can see why Martinez is eager!! I certainly wouldn't like to pay the reported fee that Wigan want but in all honesty he is going to be some player!! alot of energy, gets the foot in can pass the ball around only weakness for me is he wouldn't be the tallest!!

Not comparing like for like but please see a Mr Lionel Messi! :) 5ft 7 man mountain

Just watching the Irish game against Wales have to say McCarthy is playing well and can see why Martinez is eager!! I certainly wouldn't like to pay the reported fee that Wigan want but in all honesty he is going to be some player!! alot of energy, gets the foot in can pass the ball around only weakness for me is he wouldn't be the tallest!!

Have to agree completely. First time I've watched him with an interest. Looked very good!

McCarthy also had an excellent game when we played a friendly against Spain recently. The only player who looked anywhere near the same technical level as the opposition.

For me prospectively the best Irish player since Roy Keane.

Although I'm Irish think McCarthy is really going to be some player.I'd like to see him play for us have to say and also Coleman had a cracking game tonight always willing to go forward at every opportunity

That's me insane then.....think he's just on the cusp of being a very top notch player, and £23M is a pittance when wasters like Carroll, Henderson, Fletcher, Downing etc could fetch the fees that did.

But we're Everton FFS

Precisely because he was a prospect for Ireland I have watched a load of his games. He is much more than a pass backward/sideways mid. I like how he can start an attack out of nothing with a quick tackle to turnover possession and a simple pass. Great positioning for a young player too.

I'm very confident that if we get him he will easily be one of our best performers and one more likely to stick around long term unlike some other names we are being linked with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back