Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moyes knew his buyout clause was expiring.
He let it expire.
Buying him now would include paying about 7m more for him.
Very un-Moyes.
Its not gonna happen.

Moyes also knows how cash strapped we are and that the board will accept any large bid for him.
Perhaps he's waited for the clause to lapse as he knows he can go cheaper and still get him?
Felliani isn't automatically worth £30m because the clause has expired, he's worth whatever a buying club will pay for him.

Moyes also knows how cash strapped we are and that the board will accept any large bid for him.
Perhaps he's waited for the clause to lapse as he knows he can go cheaper and still get him?
Felliani isn't automatically worth £30m because the clause has expired, he's worth whatever a buying club will pay for him.

I don't get the idea that the clause expiring makes him cheaper. If Anichebe had a £35million release clause, but someone came in with £20 million, we would still sell him for cheaper than the clause. Same with Fellaini, if we were going to accept £20 million now, we'd have accepted it with the clause. At least then the club could have bluffed that the £20 mil was the clause anyway

Okeefe calls himself a journalist when really he gets told what to write and doesn't have balls to write about what's really going on for fear of not being allowed near players.

Should be ashamed to sit there whilst we are ran on fumes and him and his crap newspaper just writes about what osmans favourite colour is or a Christmas party.

Meanwhile we are going backwards and being outspent by Southampton Cardiff and other no marks but yes okeefe is great.

Okeefe calls himself a journalist when really he gets told what to write and doesn't have balls to write about what's really going on for fear of not being allowed near players.

Should be ashamed to sit there whilst we are ran on fumes and him and his crap newspaper just writes about what osmans favourite colour is or a Christmas party.

Meanwhile we are going backwards and being outspent by Southampton Cardiff and other no marks but yes okeefe is great.

So you're suggesting he should risk his job then ?

I'm sure he'd be happy to if you'll pay his wages.

Hahaha

I really dislike when people say this. the buyout clause doesn't stop a club from accepting a lower bid, it simply takes away the club's negotiating stance to get more. ANY club could have bid below the clause at any time, waiting for it to expire would mean that they(the board) would likely ask for more.

So you're suggesting he should risk his job then ?

I'm sure he'd be happy to if you'll pay his wages.

I think he tries to claim to be an investigative Everton journo getting to the bottom of the story etc.

In reality, he's a puppet for a paper that exists to sell itself. There's nothing wrong with that, but I think people would prefer it if they just called a spade a spade in regards to what they do.

O'Keefe isn't going to do an expose on the failed annex etc. for very obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back