The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the club, sounds like United have actually managed to piss them off here!

Everton can confirm that it has received bids from Manchester United for two players. Those bids were immediately rejected out of hand as derisory and insulting.

The Club did not make public these details as it was vital Roberto Martinez’s preparations for the opening game of the Premier League season were not disrupted in anyway.

Alan Myers
Director of Communications
Brilliant statement. Short but in no uncertain terms makes clear what they think of the bids.

With that in mind... given that the bids were "insulting", what will it take to sell? 28m for the pair is derisory and insulting... will a mere seven million to take it to 35m for the pair suddenly make it a great bid and make us want to sell?!

Bearing in mind both players are on long-term contracts, we are apparently according to the manager in a great financial position and Kenwright has said he doesn't have to sell. We have no time to buy adequate players as replacements. They are our two best players by a mile.

With all that said... What turns it from a derisory and insulting bid into one we're prepared to accept? Double? 1.5x their opening bid? Another 14m on top of the 28? Everton have left themselves with some explaining to do if the players are sold for less than a LOT more than what is reported to have been bid.

Their next statement needs to read: NOT FOR SALE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant statement. Short but in no uncertain terms makes clear what they think of the bids.

With that in mind... given that the bids were "insulting", what will it take to sell? 28m for the pair is derisory and insulting... will a mere seven million to take it to 35m for the pair suddenly make it a great bid and make us want to sell?!

Interesting point, think we won't accept anything less than 40m based on the statement. Anything less than 35m would make the board look daft now.

Based on nothing but my own guess work I reckon towards forty million mate.

When I was nine years old my parents took me to Egypt. Whilst there, my father was offered three camels for my mother. He found the offer both derisory and insulting. Two weeks later he was shipping eight camels back to the UK. I never saw my mother again.

I think it's pretty clear we're asking for £37.2m

When I was nine years old my parents took me to Egypt. Whilst there, my father was offered three camels for my mother. He found the offer both derisory and insulting. Two weeks later he was shipping eight camels back to the UK. I never saw my mother again.

I think it's pretty clear we're asking for £37.2m

20 for Fellaini, 18 for Baines, recken the club will cave in with these sums. Really it should be 26 for fellaini and 20 for Baines, 46.

Based on nothing but my own guess work I reckon towards forty million mate.
You have to then ask yourself: That's around 120k p/w off the wage bill and 40m in the coffers; will Martinez be given ALL the money to invest in the squad? If not, he cannot sell. This has an all too familiar feeling to it, doesn't it? :(

40m buys us at least four quality, quality players. We could then sell Heitinga and that's a further 50k a week off the wages.

If they both go, it can only be if the manager has targets lined up and can spend ALL of the money.

40 mil and we're laughing:

McCarthy (to replace Fellaini) - 16m
Beausejour (to replace Baines) - 3m
McManaman - 10m
Maloney - 3m

And 8m to pay off some of our debt.

You are ****ing joking, right?

Deffo a Wigan fan! :lol:

Do one lid!

You have to then ask yourself: That's around 120k p/w off the wage bill and 40m in the coffers; will Martinez be given ALL the money to invest in the squad? If not, he cannot sell. This has an all too familiar feeling to it, doesn't it? :(

40m buys us at least four quality, quality players. We could then sell Heitinga and that's a further 50k a week off the wages.

If they both go, it can only be if the manager has targets lined up and can spend ALL of the money.

Sincerely doubt he'd be given all the money. Depends what Martinez's worth of them is and if he has replacements lined up, along with other targets to be used with any surplus cash.

I'd rather keep personally but can't see them both being here in two weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back