Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
look at all the hypocrites in here.

Fuming that United are trying to Bully us.....then us wanting to take the piss out of Wigan.

Throw them £14 million for McCarthy and have done with it.

This is one of your worst post mate, McCarthy was brought for 1 million, they will make a profit on 10 million bid as they also went down. We brought Fellaini for 17 million

The difference is that Wigan are a Championship side and £10m is a fair value. We're a top six Premier League side and United have offered us less for Fellaini than we initially paid after five years of development.

The price is what the selling club says, they dictate the price. He is their player.

What we think he is worth Means NOTHING, just like us with Fellaini.

United think £16 million is his worth, NO deal.

The difference is that Wigan are a Championship side and £10m is a fair value. We're a top six Premier League side and United have offered us less for Fellaini than we initially paid after five years of development.

Also Wigan have been relegated.

And on top of that we got our Wigan dealings done ASAP, and in the case of players like Kone, gave them what his release clause was. This gave them a fair price and time to replace.

Moyes isn't giving us either of those things.

This is one of your worst post mate, McCarthy was brought for 1 million, they will make a profit on 10 million bid as they also went down. We brought Fellaini for 17 million

Oh, so we dictate what others make for their players now do we ??

Some people are sounding just like United fans are sounding today !

Also Wigan have been relegated.

And on top of that we got our Wigan dealings done ASAP, and in the case of players like Kone, gave them what his release clause was. This gave them a fair price and time to replace.

Moyes isn't giving us either of those things.

We could have chosen to ignore the release clause and made a bid of 3 million

Southampton just spent £15 million on Pablo Osvaldo (scored a penalty in the shooutout with Fiorentina in 2008 if I remember correctly)

We aren't just getting outspent a little by clubs around us, we are getting outspent a lot by clubs way below us. There is no way we can compete with these finances forever. Southampton have spent £35 million. We have spent around £6 million

The price is what the selling club says, they dictate the price. He is their player.

You're talking rubbish. We can slap a £50m price tag on Hibbert by that logic.

Market value is set by the market, not the club. £10m is a fair market price for McCarthy, £16m for Fellaini is not.

Southampton just spent £15 million on Pablo Osvaldo (scored a penalty in the shooutout with Fiorentina in 2008 if I remember correctly)

We aren't just getting outspent a little by clubs around us, we are getting outspent a lot by clubs way below us. There is no way we can compete with these finances forever. Southampton have spent £35 million. We have spent around £6 million

I've said this a lot mate, but who cares? I'm not arsed what other teams are spending. We know we have no money.

Look at QPR last year. Spent millions and went down.

We have a bloody good team already (well for the minute!) and I think we forget this sometimes.

That's like saying Shell can sell their petrol for 300p per litre because they think that's what it's worth and they own it. It's ludicrous. Market forces dictate the value of any product.

I've said this a lot mate, but who cares? I'm not arsed what other teams are spending. We know we have no money.

Look at QPR last year. Spent millions and went down.

We have a bloody good team already (well for the minute!) and I think we forget this sometimes.

That is a brilliant post mate, if we took notice of other clubs spending then we would be depressed to hell.

Market value is set by the market, not the club. £10m is a fair market price for McCarthy, £16m for Fellaini is not.

McCarthy's current market value has not been set, as no-one has put their money up for him.

Fellaini's market value - today - stands at £16m, as that's what the 'market' currently has him at, as there's only 1 bid on the table.

That doesn't mean he'll be sold for that, as the selling clubs valuation is obviously much higher, but as of this minute, that's his market value, as that's all the market has come forward with.

This is the sad truth. We have stronger squad today but no matter how good a manager Martinez is sooner or later we´ll start to lose ground if our investment is dwarfed to everybody else's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back