Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm with you here. I'm slightly concerned about Baines to be honest. Outstanding most of last year, but finished the last few months of the season poorly.

He's looked average pre season and was average on Saturday too. Nearly 29 years of age, I personally think a bid of around the 16 million mark would be good business.

I also appreciate I'll be in a very small minority here.
I would not purchase a new lb, IMO Oviedo is a good player who needs to be given more chances than Moyes gave him.

You don't need to be 6'4" to be a tough tackling midfielder who gives you presence. McCarthy is one of the league's best at ball winning without committing a foul. His presence in the team will free up both Barkley and Gibson.

You don't need to be 6'4" to be a tough tackling midfielder who gives you presence. McCarthy is one of the league's best at ball winning without committing a foul. His presence in the team will free up both Barkley and Gibson.

You're right mate. He is one of his leagues best midfielders.

The Championship that is.

I'm with you here. I'm slightly concerned about Baines to be honest. Outstanding most of last year, but finished the last few months of the season poorly.

He's looked average pre season and was average on Saturday too. Nearly 29 years of age, I personally think a bid of around the 16 million mark would be good business.

he hasn't been anywhere near 100% fit mate, it's probably the main reason for his level being not as high.

Think we're underestimating how important Fellaini is to us. He's a unique player who causes damage in attack and in midfield. Has a stunning engine.

He's a player that belongs at a United in all honesty.

And we would be happy to replace him with James McCarthy? Wow.

Last edited:

Maybe we not over-reliant on our left back being our best attacker anymore ????

Even Barcelona have height in their midfield. It's about presence. We're already lacking a defensive midfielder to back up Fellaini, so to also reduce the height of the team is suicide for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back