Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Ijjy, I remember you saying you had a mutual friend or something. For the record I think Barry would be a good free signing

What's with all the McCarthy crap! If he was better than felli why aren't manure after him? Anyone who thinks swapping Felli for McCarthy is a good plan needs their bumps checking!

It's not a case of McCarthy being 'better than Fellaini', but that he might be a better fit under the new manager. Fellaini has stated his ambitions to play CL football and in previous windows he and his Dad have made no secret that he sees himself moving on at some point, while McCarthy is a young up-and-comer who has been developed into a Premier League midfielder by our new manager and at 22 could be our midfield glue for the next ten years.

I think most people realise that if we do sell Fellaini then Martinez will need to reinvest the cash in more than one midfielder, and McCarthy is likely to be one. As long as we don't get gouged on the price, I'd be happy to see him here.

Barring injury, Rodwell is twice the player of McCarthy. Frustrating that we are in the market for a young holding midfielder when we developed a top class player straight from the academy but had to sell him off to raise funds for transfers. Gets so bloody pathetic after a while.

It's not a case of McCarthy being 'better than Fellaini', but that he might be a better fit under the new manager. Fellaini has stated his ambitions to play CL football and in previous windows he and his Dad have made no secret that he sees himself moving on at some point, while McCarthy is a young up-and-comer who has been developed into a Premier League midfielder by our new manager and at 22 could be our midfield glue for the next ten years.

I think most people realise that if we do sell Fellaini then Martinez will need to reinvest the cash in more than one midfielder, and McCarthy is likely to be one. As long as we don't get gouged on the price, I'd be happy to see him here.

Exactly

If we buy McCarthy AND a Banega type player for a decent fee but to sell Fellaini and just bring McCarthy for £15-18m...badly Liverpool.

Barring injury, Rodwell is twice the player of McCarthy. Frustrating that we are in the market for a young holding midfielder when we developed a top class player straight from the academy but had to sell him off to raise funds for transfers. Gets so bloody pathetic after a while.

Having watched all of Rodwells games for us and most of McCarthys Ireland and Wigan games I would totally disagree. McCarthy quickly developed into the main man at Wigan, bearing a lot of the responsibility on young shoulders. He has shown to excel in some areas of his game such as positioning and ball winning. Rodwell at no point had shown himself to be excellent at one particular part of the game. Good at some things, but he went from potential to injury prone/average quite quickly.

Having watched all of Rodwells games for us and most of McCarthys Ireland and Wigan games I would totally disagree. McCarthy quickly developed into the main man at Wigan, bearing a lot of the responsibility on young shoulders. He has shown to excel in some areas of his game such as positioning and ball winning. Rodwell at no point had shown himself to be excellent at one particular part of the game. Good at some things, but he went from potential to injury prone/average quite quickly.

This is the same Rodwell who fired a brace for Man City in the final game of last season. He is fantastic and is getting better all the time. I want him back.

If Felli is to go for 25m, then I think we need two CM's to come in, ideally Eriksen 10m, mcarthy 10m, and spend the remaining 5on Eriksens team mate anderweild!
If Baines goes as well (for I guess 15m), then Moses in for 8m , and 5m sequira or some other LB that RM has undoubtly scouted already...

for me 2 out and those 5 or similar in, strengthens the squad overall and brings the average age down

This is the same Rodwell who fired a brace for Man City in the final game of last season. He is fantastic and is getting better all the time. I want him back.

Yeah but cmon, scoring a couple in one end of season game doesn't exactly cancel out what I think most fans would say about his time with us and he hasn't gotten enough of a look in at City for me to say he has gotten worse or for you to say he is getting better all the time.

If we sell Fellaini & Baines for say 40m I'd go:

Hernanes 18 mil
Willems from PSV 5 mil
Strasser 5 mil

Haha, imagine if we got Hernanes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back