The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines and Fellaini are two of our best players. We paid good money for them and then took years to develop them into the players they are which are among the best in the Premier League. Were apparently looking up the league rather than down it so you keep your best players if you want to progress.

So away from all the media meltfest there's a very simple equation. If someone wants to buy them then they have to pay over their value to compensate us for their loss and allow us to replace them with not one but two players. Then it's a potentially worthwhile deal, if not then we continue as normal with them playing. They're not in the final year of their contract and we don't have to sell anyone at present to keep the club afloat so were in a relatively strong bargaining position.

Moyes knows full well he's took the piss with the first offer but he'll defo be back. We just need to hold until there's literally an offer too good to turn down. If that happens, then either or both will be sorely missed in this season. So we have to get top dollar to stand a chance of adequately replacing them.

If anyone seriously thinks Moyes isn't having a very big say over this then you need your head examined.

For the record, I liked having Moyes as our manager overall, I am just able to point out his flaws.

Christiffa, calm yourself, you assume far too much about me.

If anyone seriously thinks Moyes isn't having a very big say over this then you need your head examined.

For the record, I liked having Moyes as our manager overall, I am just able to point out his flaws.

Of course he is, he will point out the players he would like and then say to Woodward go get them.

Of course he is, he will point out the players he would like and then say to Woodward go get them.

Who (if he has an IQ over 40) will then ask Moyes "so David, what price would you have sold for when you were Everton boss?"

Why can't people grasp that?

I'm not even saying the man is evil for having this information at hand, it's just so unbelievable that people on here can't see that would be the logical way the conversation would go...

(But I'm so blinkered in my hate for Moyes and Moyes wouldn't do that to us).

Of course he is, it's just not him physically making the bids which is the norm at big clubs

Baines and Fellaini are two of our best players. We paid good money for them and then took years to develop them into the players they are which are among the best in the Premier League. Were apparently looking up the league rather than down it so you keep your best players if you want to progress.

So away from all the media meltfest there's a very simple equation. If someone wants to buy them then they have to pay over their value to compensate us for their loss and allow us to replace them with not one but two players. Then it's a potentially worthwhile deal, if not then we continue as normal with them playing. They're not in the final year of their contract and we don't have to sell anyone at present to keep the club afloat so were in a relatively strong bargaining position.

Moyes knows full well he's took the piss with the first offer but he'll defo be back. We just need to hold until there's literally an offer too good to turn down. If that happens, then either or both will be sorely missed in this season. So we have to get top dollar to stand a chance of adequately replacing them.

Good points. The Lescott transfer worked for us quite well in that regard, and the positive here is that neither player has gone public about wanting to leave.

We want them to stay. We don't need to sell. They're not requesting transfers (yet - maybe Fellaini's dad will next week). We should tell them that each bid was half our valuation. The transfers make no sense unless they benefit us massively.

From today's Guardian rumour mill

"Roberto Martínez might not be in quite such a flap as Wenger, but he's all primed to splash the cash should Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini leg it to Old Trafford. He wants Gareth Barry on loan and is also keen on Manchester City's Aleksandar Kolarov. Everton have also sent scouts to watch Belgian international Sebastien Pocognoli at Hannover and will step up their interest in Wigan's James McCarthy and Spartak Moscow winger Aiden McGeady."

To be honest I am still horrified by the signings of Alcaraz and even more so Kone. Stinks of a complete lack of ambition by the manager and board. And I don't care that he worked with them before, they are both ****ing rubbish, especially the latter.

We need to make a stand against United but nobody expects us to, at least one of them will go, probably Fellaini. I just hope we get 25m for him so that we can replace him with two players, probably over-priced when we could have got Chadli and Capoue for a total of 16m, ffs. But oh well, we'll get McCarthy for 15m. :lol:

Kenwright really is going to get us relegated one day, isn't he? And anybody who thinks we can sell these two, not adequately replace them and expect the likes fo Jelavic and Kone to score enough goals to get us 40 points needs their head testing.

Our defence is ****, we can't score, our best free kick and penalty taker is off, and Leon Osman is our new main central midfielder if and when Fellaini goes.

Yay.

Who (if he has an IQ over 40) will then ask Moyes "so David, what price would you have sold for when you were Everton boss?"

Why can't people grasp that?

I'm not even saying the man is evil for having this information at hand, it's just so unbelievable that people on here can't see that would be the logical way the conversation would go...

(But I'm so blinkered in my hate for Moyes and Moyes wouldn't do that to us).

If people could grasp that they'd then proceed to start the bidding at a hell of a lot lower than that once they've got professionals in charge, then they'll see that Moyes simply isn't sitting over there at United cackling to himself as United have their bid rejected out of hand. Of course they're trying to shaft us, that's how business is done and it's what (clearly) we've done to countless clubs while he was here. The bid is hilarious, but it's probably not anything to get too offended by. It would seem their staff are as utterly clueless about the talent we have on our books as their fans are.

I'm not getting any further into this though. It will and never ends well.

Last edited:
Let's put a Bid in for Rooney £5 million should do it.

Why don't Everton put a bid in for Rooney for £5 million he has not got long left on his contract plus that might just throw another spanner in the works between him and Moyes. you reap what you sow.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back