The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They come out to " Return of the Mack "

No mocking that was 2 minutes of hardwork!!

Ijjy you're posting Wigan scorelines, not James McCarthy scorelines.

We conceded 2 goals against Norwich, that doesn't make Fellaini crap. Or Jagielka. Etc. It's a team game, and all these vendettas against McCarthy are tedious.

Except Jags WAS crap against Norwich. Van Wolfswinkel skinned him three times in the opening half-hour chasing long balls in behind the defence - he got his positioning wrong over and over in that match and it was no surprise to see him completely lose track of the dutchman for Norwich's second goal.

Back to McCarthy - the issue is quite simple: if he is truly worth anything like the outrageously-inflated £15m price tag attached to him, he would be dominating games, week in week out, in the Championship.

Does anyone rate Felli?

Do we even rate him?

It's pretty clear we'd prefer the money than the play but we'd like a profit of some sort.

Last edited:

Still rather have Felli than McCarthy though!!!!!!!!

Oh most definitely. I'm no McCarthy super fan. If we could get him for say £8m, I'd call that good business and be pleased. He's never worth £15m.

But he's not gash, and it seems a few have a vendetta against him even though a.) He doesn't dictate his transfer fee, b.) He doesn't choose Martinez' transfer targets and c.) HE HASN'T EVEN SIGNED.

Except Jags WAS crap against Norwich. Van Wolfswinkel skinned him three times in the opening half-hour chasing long balls in behind the defence - he got his positioning wrong over and over in that match and it was no surprise to see him completely lose track of the dutchman for Norwich's second goal.

Back to McCarthy - the issue is quite simple: if he is truly worth anything like the outrageously-inflated £15m price tag attached to him, he would be dominating games, week in week out, in the Championship.

After that game, I couldn't really tell if Van Wolfswinkel was THAT good, or if Jagielka was THAT bad. It's hard to tell them apart after one match. After all, good strikers are able to lose the best of defenders, that;s what makes them elite.

On your second note, I agree completely. Any 15mil player should/would dominate week in/week out in the Championship especially a CAM. Still a good player who could help us, but not one worth that rather large price-tag.

Transfer Funds remaining - 8m
Fellaini - 23m
Baines - 16m
Heitinga -3m

There's your 50m???

We could do some serious damage with that type of cash... or Kenwright can just pay off our debts and bump up the sell price. :(

I'm kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back