The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That´s probably reasonably but I can´t help to feel I was hoping for a bit more. 6 mil net spent after getting both Moyes and Neville of the wage bill. Seem very low to me, especially with a new manager to support.

That´s probably reasonably but I can´t help to feel I was hoping for a bit more. 6 mil net spent after getting both Moyes and Neville of the wage bill. Seem very low to me, especially with a new manager to support.

You know us though mate, it's more about who we keep than who we buy.

The problem is you here, you should lower your expectations when it comes to Everton.

I know i shouldn't do it to myself but i look at what spurs are doing in the market and worry how far we're falling behind. By the end of the month they'll have got in 6/7 top players - pretty much all offset in terms of fees and wages by selling just 1 great player and moving on fringe players

I know i shouldn't do it to myself but i look at what spurs are doing in the market and worry how far we're falling behind. By the end of the month they'll have got in 6/7 top players - pretty much all offset in terms of fees and wages by selling just 1 great player and moving on fringe players

Can totally understand looking at a team like Spurs and feeling a little jealous about their purchases. But it's still 11 vs 11 on the day and we will take them on as always. We have a good team. A really good team.

Also, out of all those players coming in some will not make it. (god knows which ones though!)

Well they're in a unique position in having Bale - we don't. There's very little we can do about that. Compare ourselves to Liverpool, Arsenal in terms of transfers and it doesn't look so bad.

Well they're in a unique position in having Bale - we don't. There's very little we can do about that. Compare ourselves to Liverpool, Arsenal in terms of transfers and it doesn't look so bad.

They're also bank rolled by ENIC, a lot of people don't realise this about Spurs. They have very rich ownership. Being a London team is another huge plus of course, something else people seldom take into account with clubs like Tottenham

Spurs seem to have a printing press in the basement. Five years ago they were average spenders but now they´re bringing in players for 70 mil in one summer. I wish they´d phone Bill up inform him of the particular business model they´re using.

You mean they´re spending against the sale of Bale. Or are they borrowing using Bale as security?

Spurs seem to have a printing press in the basement. Five years ago they were average spenders but now they´re bringing in players for 70 mil in one summer. I wish they´d phone Bill up inform him of the particular business model they´re using.

That's not borne out by the facts mate, your perception is wrong.

Since the 09/10 season, coming into this window they were actually running with a negative net spend of -£12m in that period. All they've done this window is free up wages by moving on squad players & been incredibly sensible by not completing on the Bale transfer until they've basically spent all of the cash. When the window closes they'll have spent either nothing or next to nothing net. So the business model you're referring to is basically Gareth Bale mate.

They have a very good squad of about 2 and no great players (Bale aside)
we have a very good squad of about 15 and 2 great players

They can only field 11 players at a time and, having too many mf's could actually work against them as far as consistency goes.

They have no such printing press.The money they are spending now is simply the proceeds of the bale transfer.

Can totally understand looking at a team like Spurs and feeling a little jealous about their purchases. But it's still 11 vs 11 on the day and we will take them on as always. We have a good team. A really good team.

Also, out of all those players coming in some will not make it. (god knows which ones though!)

And remember they've not strengthened their defence either which is very surprising.

I do think currently we have a better back four than them but their attack and midfield surpasses ours.

Even with their brilliant foward play I can still see them conceding quite a few goals this season, last year they conceded quite a few poor goals especially in Europe.

I agree with some of the comments that the window should be shut by the time the season starts, I think the reason is isn't is because the European leagues all start at different times in August.

One way to get around it would be to say that the Transfer Window closes on 31st July, that way everyone has a month to do their transfers and it is all done before all of the leagues start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back