The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some of the comments that the window should be shut by the time the season starts, I think the reason is isn't is because the European leagues all start at different times in August.

One way to get around it would be to say that the Transfer Window closes on 31st July, that way everyone has a month to do their transfers and it is all done before all of the leagues start

too sensible an idea mate

Controversial maybe but I think it should be as it was in the old days - no window and you could sign whoever you wanted whenever. All the hysteria that surrounds the window would then disappear and teams would be able to operate rationally and not make panic buys. I certainly remember much less chaos in the transfer market in the old days.

Controversial maybe but I think it should be as it was in the old days - no window and you could sign whoever you wanted whenever. All the hysteria that surrounds the window would then disappear and teams would be able to operate rationally and not make panic buys. I certainly remember much less chaos in the transfer market in the old days.

That would never happen sky would loose money and you know how the fa are with the media they like bum buddies so they wouldn't like to see the money down

Oh most definitely. I'm no McCarthy super fan. If we could get
him for say £8m, I'd call that goodbusiness and be pleased. He's
never worth £15m.

But he's not gash, and it seems a few
have a vendetta against him even
though a.) He doesn't dictate his
transfer fee, b.) He doesn't choose
Martinez' transfer targets and c.) HE
HASN'T EVEN SIGNED.

Dont get that logic about McCarthy tbh. Regardless of if we pay 8 or 15 million for him, it means he will be playing alongside Gibson in our midfield for years to come. Is that a midfield you want to see? For me, its a no. Thats why i'd pass on McCarthy regardless of cost.

Nothing strong, the press over here are linking us to two LB/M's playing in Europe at the moment (presumably assuming as a Baines replacement), but it's probably 2+2=5 from the media, although iirc one outlet states we've actually sent scouts to Hannover to watch a LB. Oviedo would be straight in imo if Baines was to leave.

Thanks mate, I don't know a hell of a lot about the world of transfers etc yet, still a newby!

That's not borne out by the facts mate, your perception is
wrong.

Since the 09/10 season, coming into
this window they were actually
running with a negative net spend of -
£12m in that period. All they've done
this window is free up wages by
moving on squad players & been
incredibly sensible by not completing
on the Bale transfer until they've
basically spent all of the cash. When
the window closes they'll have spent
either nothing or next to nothing net.
So the business model you're
referring to is basically Gareth Bale
mate.

I'll happily bet you that their net spend is at least double ours by the time the window shuts. Their wage bill will have gone up considerably too. They have a fairly low net spend in the last couple of years because of prior investment in the squad meaning they had lots of saleable assets in reserve - Pavlychenko, Dempsey, Van der Vaart, Caulker, Huddlestone etc.

I know i shouldn't do it to myself but i look at what spurs are doing in the market
and worry how far we're falling behind.
By the end of the month they'll have
got in 6/7 top players - pretty much all
offset in terms of fees and wages by
selling just 1 great player and moving
on fringe players

All the top clubs can outspend us because these are the big Champions League clubs, (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea), the clubs slightly below that can outspend us because they have big financial backing to try and get Champions League (Liverpool, Spurs)
The clubs near the bottom can outspend us because they have recently been promoted so have extra money (Norwich, Southampton, Cardiff, West Ham, Swansea).
And the clubs in the middle can outspend us, but they dont count as they will buy a load of old ****e and will never be as good as we are (Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle, Fulham etc).

Get this straight in your head and remember to give Bill a grateful clap when he's next on the big screen. Ok? Sorted.

I'll happily bet you that their net spend is at least double ours by the time the window shuts. Their wage bill will have gone up considerably too. They have a fairly low net spend in the last couple of years because of prior investment in the squad meaning they had lots of saleable assets in reserve - Pavlychenko, Dempsey, Van der Vaart, Caulker, Huddlestone etc.

depends how much they end up getting for Bale...

Sean Maguire of West Ham, opinions? Also Janaai Gordon and Junior Morias

Yeah lid, that's someone who's played 34 times for Waterford and never for West Ham, someone who's made 4 appearances for Peterborough and a left back from the Romanian top flight.

I've got a massive scouting database on them hear that indicates they're clearly good enough for Everton.

That would never happen sky would loose money and you know how the fa are with the media they like bum buddies so they wouldn't like to see the money down

A few things i don't get with this statement.

Why would Sky lose money??

The Fa has nothing to do with the premier league, its a seperate entity.

Its actually UEFA who do the transfer window? Are they bum buddies with Sky??

I'm not so sure their wage bill will have gone up that much Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey, Bale, Gallas and Bentley will all have been big earners. They've also recouped around £20m with the sales of the fringe players. If they get £90m for Bale their net spend will be next to nothing considering all the top players they've brought in.

I know it's 11 vs 11 in a game but their squad compared to ours is fantastic. Better keeper, comparable defence, much stronger midfield and strikers. It's a concern as they are favourites for 4th spot now

I guess we are all waiting for now for the formal rejection of the 35m bid then what?...they come back with a 3rd bid or go for one of the players in a solo bid.

We are easy pickings untill we have somebody who has the dough in the club to at least stop the club loosing it,s best players for low bids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back