The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would hope people slating James McCarthy know what kind of player he actually is. His role in the team isn't to be the match winner.

I will make a point on this.

I agree he's not a match winner. But also, he is supposed to help them not concede or lose. I just don't think he's that good at that.

It works the other way round mate. It may very well be tedious saying I don't rate him. But it's equally tedious people saying they do from my point of view.

hot-list-sean-maguire-1.jpg

Sean McGuire, the dude from Eastenders? Rather have McCarthy i reckon.

I had high hopes for this transfer window and it's fizzling away into nothingness again. Can we sign 1 more player RM, please...just 1, for me...please...oh koff Bill.

Ah just wish this window was closed if the two lads are going so be it but give us enough time to replace same... I'm dreading the statement coming out... WE'LL GO WITH WHAT WE GOT... And the 35/40 million goes into the blackhole that seems to exist at Everton

After that game, I couldn't really tell if Van Wolfswinkel was THAT good, or if Jagielka was THAT bad. It's hard to tell them apart after one match. After all, good strikers are able to lose the best of defenders, that;s what makes them elite.

On your second note, I agree completely. Any 15mil player should/would dominate week in/week out in the Championship especially a CAM. Still a good player who could help us, but not one worth that rather large price-tag.

He doesn't play as one tho, he plays deeper, sometimes as the middle cb(rarely)

We absolutely need to avoid another Arteta situation. Utd will happily wait til September 1st to get Baines and Felli. We need to do some hard negotiating and if they are going to go we need £40mill minimum plus time to spend it. A decent LB and a midfielder then spend the lions share on a top striker. I'd like them to stay but history shows we tend to lose players in these situations.

Did anyone else read anything into this part of the Martinez interview the other day:

I don't believe in getting involved in the transfer window when the games are underway and we are in a very, very important moment of our season

Whilst this won't have any bearing on us getting bids from other teams, it may well be no more ins no matter what.

I read that Ijjy, but whilst I don't think he likes that the window is open, I don't think it means he won't use it. That's if he's able to of course.

Did anyone else read anything into this part of the Martinez interview the other day:

Whilst this won't have any bearing on us getting bids from other teams, it may well be no more ins no matter what.

Wouldn´t read anything at all into that. It´s not as if RM will abstain from bringing in necessary if reinforcements, if possible, just to stand on principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back