The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
negredo supposed to have agreed a deal on 75k a week. Which by citys standards is reigning it right in.

Like on poster said though, there up there now so dont need to pay crazy wages like they did when they were ****e to attract the players.

negredo supposed to have agreed a deal on 75k a week. Which by citys standards is reigning it right in.

Like on poster said though, there up there now so dont need to pay crazy wages like they did when they were ****e to attract the players.

No but why would a world class player join them on 75k a week when he knows Wayne Bridge was earning 100k a week 12 months ago? Or that Yaya Toure is on 250k a week? It just wouldn't happen.

take a look at the players and WAGES they have signed. They have sold / released players like Balotelli (£9m a Year), Toure (£8m a year) and Tevez (£10m a year), plus they got £24m for Balotelli, they have replaced them with players who earn up to 3 times less than the players mentioned. They may have shelled out up to £100m on fees, but with the reduction of wages over the contracts they wont be far off breaking even.
I disagree with what you are saying here but even if I took everything you are saying at face value it still doesn't come close to break-even.

They have spent a net £84,300,000 (transfer league site).

You quoted wages that total 27m. That puts them at a net spend of around 57m before adding on the supposedly much lower salaries of their new players. If they are three times lower as you said then that's 9m a year so that puts them at 66m net spend.

... and that doesn't even address how money spent now on transfers is a bigger hit than salaries spread out over the books of the next 3-5 years.

Like I said, I don't know if I agree with those players being 3 times cheaper but even if I accept that fact, using the very figures you quoted, they spent at least 66m net on players this summer. Which for them lot could be considered "not far from break-even" in a perverse way I suppose but realistically speaking, with their farcical sponsorship deal, it doesn't seem to have slowed them down that much.

Balotelli was on far more than that. Those 3 mentioned will be on £80k max. Then you have Bridge, Bellamy, Adebayor and co that will now be off their wage bill.

City no longer have any need to pay over the top wages, but FFP means they cant buy as big as often.

the so called richest league in the world has 1 transfer in the top 10 in Europe this summer, and he is about 9th. That is because of FFP

Hahahahahaha, as if clubs are taking it serious. Just look at PSG and Monaco.

I think people also need to keep a modicum of sensibility about the transfer market, and remember that just because a player goes for X million amount of pounds, doesn't always mean that this is what his actual true value is, or what he will actually bring to the team.

Man City had to rebuild a whole squad nearly twice in 2 years to win things and went through a lot of pain to get there, signing the likes of Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Robinho etc in the process for huge amounts of money at the time.

Yes we need to strengthen to hold our position, but as rightly pointed out we have Barkley and Stones, 2 youngsters on the verge of very good things, Coleman, Gibson, Mirallas, Jelavic and Fellaini, all at the right age and some great experience in senior players such as Baines, Jagielka and Distin.

If we can just bring a couple more players at the right age in such as maybe Moses or Alderweirled then we are onto a winner again. Barry would also be a good signing for a couple of years whilst the squad is taking shape and would add great experience and a winning mentality that he has picked up from playing in a title winning side.

I think people also need to keep a modicum of sensibility about the transfer market, and remember that just because a player goes for X million amount of pounds, doesn't always mean that this is what his actual true value is, or what he will actually bring to the team.

Man City had to rebuild a whole squad nearly twice in 2 years to win things and went through a lot of pain to get there, signing the likes of Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Robinho etc in the process for huge amounts of money at the time.

Yes we need to strengthen to hold our position, but as rightly pointed out we have Barkley and Stones, 2 youngsters on the verge of very good things,
Coleman, Gibson, Mirallas, Jelavic and Fellaini, all at the right age and some great experience in senior
players such as Baines, Jagielka and Distin.

If we can just bring a couple more players at the right age in such as maybe Moses or Alderweirled then we are onto a winner again. Barry would also be a good signing for a couple of years whilst the squad is taking shape and would add great experience and a winning mentality that he has picked up from playing in a title winning side.

Good post

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back