The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
every signing is irrelevant in terms of money. Yes the more money you spend the less of a gamble it is but theres no guarantee that every player you sign for £25M is going to work.

Theres no way every signing every club makes over £20M works for them it just doesnt.

Weve proven season after season that we constantly finish above plenty of teams who outspend us. Are we gonna finish below southampton, norwich, crystal palace etc etc? No are we [Poor language removed].

If people arent happy then force the board out instead of just bitching about it uselessly.

Ive tried marches with the blue union and accepted that theres too many evertonians who actually quite like billy bull**** and are i think scared to remove him incase we get another gang of indian chicken farmers.

I just accept weve got no money, dont get stressed and enjoy the football now on a sat.

il never stop supporting Everton or going the games. Its my opinion I'm giving if you don't like it..... Tough **** lad

Kenwrights been chairman for a long time, were not in the Blue square north though are we. No im not defending him cos i hate the [Poor language removed] and ive been trying for years to convince him that we will never do anything with him in charge.

But every year its the same thing. We dont spend as much as almost every other club and realistically were still the 6th best team in the league year after year.

Were not suddenly relegation fodder, this season or the forseeable. Our starting 11 as it stands will give most teams in the prem a f'kin good game. I dont see Baines going and if fellaini goes im sure we will get in a player or players who compensate for him.

I used to get wound up like you, trust me its not worth it, kenwrights leaving in a box. Might as well chill till then

We have been listening to this falling further behind argument for years and have we fallen further behind yet ?
So far we have retained the squad that got us sixth last season,we have added depth to that squad and we now have the most promising young talent coming through in Barkley and Stones(we may see others push through later in the season)

Spurs have done very well in the market,but then they always knew they had a huge amount of money coming in and don't forget that last season without Bale they would have finished much further down the league,he carried them on his back and will be a huge loss for them.

Everton were Uefa Cup/Europa League regulars between 2005 and 2010, but haven't qualified in three years since. They were also the team closest to breaking into the top four, finishing fifth in 2008 and 2009, but are now as far away as ever.

For as long as Kenwright and his mates are running the show, we'll be relying on the incompetence of other clubs to keep Everton relevant.

Kenwrights been chairman for a long time, were not in the Blue square north though are we. No im not defending him cos i hate the [Poor language removed] and ive been trying for years to convince him that we will never do anything with him in charge.

But every year its the same thing. We dont spend as much as almost every other club and realistically were still the 6th best team in the league year after year.

Were not suddenly relegation fodder, this season or the forseeable. Our starting 11 as it stands will give most teams in the prem a f'kin good game. I dont see Baines going and if fellaini goes im sure we will get in a player or players who compensate for him.

I used to get wound up like you, trust me its not worth it, kenwrights leaving in a box. Might as well chill till then

??

1x11_Public_Relations_%2826%29.png

cant beat any team with the spurs brush, they hit the jackpot with Bale. How in the name of christ they have convinced Real hes worth double Neymar is beyond me.

But this summer they have shown exactly how to run a football club. Sell to buy and boy have they bought. 3/4 quality signings in place of Bale.

But they got lucky with that it was no master plan. We could be equally as lucky with say Barkley in 3 years time. Then you need to hope the board do what spurs have done and give everything to the manager.

cant beat any team with the spurs brush, they hit the jackpot with Bale. How in the name of christ they have convinced Real hes worth double Neymar is beyond me.

But this summer they have shown exactly how to run a football club. Sell to buy and boy have they bought. 3/4 quality signings in place of Bale.

But they got lucky with that it was no master plan. We could be equally as lucky with say Barkley in 3 years time. Then you need to hope the board do what spurs have done and give everything to the manager.

Problem is, Spurs are run miles better than us. Yes, the Bale sale has been fantastic for them for what they have brought in. But, when they get the new ground sorted in the next few years, they will be in another stratosphere compared to us. Accounts from last year for spurs on the link

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploadedFiles/Shared_Assets/Documents/Annual_Reports/annual-report-2012.pdf

It looks like we'll be getting at least one player in by the sounds of it. My money's on Gareth Barry once he realises that his wage demands are ridiculous for us.

It's on the Everton site from Martinez's press conference this morning. I can't post a link because I'm a newbie.

Everton need to get their finances in order this summer for FFP. If we have used the new sky money to pay half the debt of, and say we sold Baines and Fellaini for £40m and replaced them with £20m players it would mean we are debt free and in a very very strong position for FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back