The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone spits in your face mate and calls your bird a dog, you then don't accept the beer he sends over the table and drink it

Anyone in business will know there's no room for sentiment or being stubborn, biting of your nose to spite your face, it will cost you money. And often you will need to seem to lose a battle to win a war. It's all about what's best for your own business. It doesn't matter what went before, what was said and whether you like the person/s your doing business with if you come out in top with the better deal that's all that matters.

I'm not gonna say what is the best outcome of this business transaction, just we need ensure we come out on top, whatever that may be.

Anyone in business will know there's no room for sentiment or being stubborn, biting of your nose to spite your face, it will cost you money. And often you will need to seem to lose a battle to win a war. It's all about what's best for your own business. It doesn't matter what went before, what was said and whether you like the person/s your doing business with if you come out in top with the better deal that's all that matters.

I'm not gonna say what is the best outcome of this business transaction, just we need ensure we come out on top, whatever that may be.

It simple then you do not sell your better players just tell them to do one why has BK not said a word - ie not for sale at any price - or is he just interested in the money to cream off??????

It simple then you do not sell your better players just tell them to do one why has BK not said a word - ie not for sale at any price - or is he just interested in the money to cream off??????

It's not simple tho is it mate? If we need 3 quality players the only way of doing that is probably selling our most valuable at top wack. I'm not defending BK or the business model were operating, just saying like....

The real question for me is would we be better off with Fellaini in the team these next 2 seasons or the money to bring in 2-3 quality players to replace him?

Just as an example
Fellaini lost - Moses Mcarthy Barry gained (or insert your own 3 players)

I'm not saying which is best but as a club not rich in finances it's something that may need to be done.

They are both for sale that's why we haven't said otherwise. We have said the bid is derisory that's all.

The ball is in uniteds court, if they bid high enough we will sell, we always do. Every player in the league is for sale if the bid is high enough.

The problem is that we need to strengthen urgently, but the only way to do so is sell our best players, proper catch 22

doing my head in trying to figure this out, does anybody remember the names of the strikers we were linked to, one was a striker from the far east, maybe malasyia, was meant to be their best player etc

The other was a african striker who i think played for a well known club, before going back to play in a weird league, but having one of the best goal to game ratios in the world or something.

Can't for the life of me figure out there names or who they play for!

Alif Sopro?

I don't really care who we sell to as long as we get the full value and Martinez can invest it.

This, If this club is to move forward we need to invest in the squad and we cant do that without money, and we cant get any money without selling so I'm sorry to say If it means selling both players ( for the right fee) then so be it, because in my opinion the player we have now are not capable of playing in the way Martinez wants.

This, If this club is to move forward we need to invest in the squad and we cant do that without money, and we cant get any money without selling so I'm sorry to say If it means selling both players ( for the right fee) then so be it, because in my opinion the player we have now are not capable of playing in the way Martinez wants.

Slightly disagree mate. Both especially Baines fit perfectly in to the new style of play. The problem IMO is that without Gibson we need Felli to sit more and break the play up. Think when he comes back that may change, though Felli will probably be playing in red by then!

what'sthe name of the Crystal Palace captain ??? The lad in the midfield ???? he was actually highlighted on ssn yesterday.... he looks a decent player who could do a job in a decent team... no idea what he would cost though. Not an outstanding player but he gets the job done efficiently and looks to be very tidy on the ball. I've seen us linked with worse...

What we need most is a deep lying playmaker, it was the same last year, when Gibsons out injured we lack anyone in there that can play the ball around with pace, osmans to lethargic in there

what'sthe name of the Crystal Palace captain ??? The lad in the midfield ???? he was actually highlighted on ssn yesterday.... he looks a decent player who could do a job in a decent team... no idea what he would cost though. Not an outstanding player but he gets the job done efficiently and looks to be very tidy on the ball. I've seen us linked with worse...

Mile Jedinak, an Australian. He's rapidly improving, but probably isn't quite good enough for us. He would give us all kinda of energy in midfield though (think prime Cahill, Graveson or an arsed Fellaini), but I can't see Palace letting him go cheaply anyway.

What we need most is a deep lying playmaker, it was the same last year, when Gibsons out injured we lack anyone in there that can play the ball around with pace, osmans to lethargic in there

Yes, that´s correct. An Arteta or a Modric is what we need. RM prob sees McCarthy filling that position.

Mile Jedinak, an Australian. He's rapidly improving, but probably isn't quite good enough for us. He would give us all kinda of energy in midfield though (think prime Cahill, Graveson or an arsed Fellaini), but I can't see Palace letting him go cheaply anyway.

He's looked quite good when i've seen him...admittedly not much... he seems to have a good engine on him and breaks up a lot of attacks by the opposition, can also pick a pass and doesn't seem to panic on the ball... seems a very tidy player, i'm gonna keep an eye on this lad for the season, be interesting to see how he develops in the prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back