The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the club will only release the fee if its another joke bid and they are trying to be naughty about it. I like McCarthy and he would be a good replacement for Gibson not Fellaini, so that would mean Barkley with the freedom of attack, McCarthy being the engine, and helping the defence bring the ball out and release it. Then we would still need a replacement for Fellaini, someone who can break defences and great passing in the mold of Mata. We have to forget about making Gibson a key player, he just unreliable.

True about Gibson. I'd love to see the stats on our results with/without Gibson since he's arrived though. We seem to miss him more than anyone.

SNN reporting one 'newspaper-ha ha' saying Moyes making new £20 million bid for Fellaini..£25 million with add ons. Presumably we get another £5 million if Fellainis hair falls out.

SNN reporting one 'newspaper-ha ha' saying Moyes making new £20 million bid for Fellaini..£25 million with add ons. Presumably we get another £5 million if Fellainis hair falls out.

yer we need to swerve all this add ons b0llocks! its not like when Rooney went and you knew full well they were still gonna win everything! Now with sour plums there im not sure they will win anything of note and how long he will be at the helm.

Yep, the club will only release the fee if its another joke bid and they are trying to be naughty about it. I like McCarthy and he would be a good replacement for Gibson not Fellaini, so that would mean Barkley with the freedom of attack, McCarthy being the engine, and helping the defence bring the ball out and release it. Then we would still need a replacement for Fellaini, someone who can break defences and great passing in the mold of Mata. We have to forget about making Gibson a key player, he just unreliable.

I think if you look at the way that RM deploys his 2 CM players it's very different to moyes. Moyes had a more traditional No.4 (Gibson) No.8 (fellaini/Osman) No.10 (Fellaini/Osman) Roberto seems to play No.4 (Gibson) No.4 (Fellaini) No.10 (Barkley). He sits both CM side by side one left one right and they are basically asked to play the same roles, ACM then off the striker (IMO why ossie has struggled and fellaini less affective) moyes had a DM player then one more advanced higher to attack and then the ACM just off the striker.

Point being Gibson and Mcarthy would play together side by side more naturally than current options in Roberto's set up. Just what I'm seeing anyway, would love to see a excucutioners blog on this mind.
*Hint Hint*

Jags..class;2186507[B said:
]Yep, the club will only release the fee if its another joke bid and they are trying to be naughty about it. I like McCarthy and he would be a good replacement for Gibson not Fellaini, so that would mean Barkley with the freedom of attack, McCarthy being the engine, and helping the defence bring the ball out and release it. Then we would still need a replacement for Fellaini, someone who can break defences and great passing in the mold of Mata. We have to forget about making Gibson a key player, he just unreliable[/B].

Excellent post - nail on head re: mccarthy's position and replacing gibson NOT fellaini.

A lot of links Moses going to the rs on loan, its seem that the rs have moved onto our level of shopping now moving onto loans deals instead of buying them out-right. Lets hope Jose doesn't loan Moses to the rs.

zdravko kuzmanovic - Sunderland have agreed a loan deal, but papers reporting that hes waiting for Everton...

seen this on twitter last night and in the BBC gossip column today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back