The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically some Newcastle fan page posted it. I thought I would share this for the nice people on here. It could well be utter bullocks.

It is bullocks why except 20 million for a player whos buy out clause was 23 million with one week to go??? BK will get lynched if this deal goes through Felli is worth 28 - 30 million at this late stage players fees go up not down !!!!! BK needs to realise this!

It is bullocks why except 20 million for a player whos buy out clause was 23 million with one week to go??? BK will get lynched if this deal goes through Felli is worth 28 - 30 million at this late stage players fees go up not down !!!!! BK needs to realise this!
That's not really what I said...

I think if Fellaini was worth 28 - 30 million somone would have been in for him at 23.5 or whatever is clause was as that would represent a bargain. No one is going to come in for him now if we stick an asking price for him north of what his clause was. If we need funds, Fellaini is going to go for less than 23.5 but probably more than 20 for Bill to save face.

2cna040.png
dxjna1.png

Whatever happens we'll be fine lads. If Baines or Fellaini go, we'll spend the money well on great players - I have a feeling we'll be very surprised.

No source or anything but I can't really see them (Fellaini and Baines) going. At least not to Man Utd, who are the only club interested according to the media. Their first bid was like 12 or 15 Mil short to even consider it and I can't see Moyes offering much more.

Thats what I hope anyways. I know we'll eventualy sell Fellaini but I think we would be smart to hold on to him until next summer after the World Cup. If anything his*value*will go up if Belgium performs to the level they are capable of, with him as a key player for them.

Since he has reportedly had a release clause of 23M, which no-one paid, why on earth would someone now pay 30M, or even 25?

Because they banked on signing Fabregas/Ozil/Thiago and failed, or thought they could fleece us once the clause ended because they "know how Everton works".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back