The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are never going to progress without money to invest. I think we have had the weakest transfer window (bar Arsenal) considering the influx of Money. I genuinely don't think we have strengthened at all.

I would rather keep Vic than sell him for the sake of it.

I wouldn't, I think he's had the best season that he's ever going to have for us last year and that wasn't much to write home about, therefore i think we should move him on and let Velios take his place in the pecking order

Chelsea signing another WF Astu guy from Porto (sure we were linked once) anyway surely Moses is surplus at Stamford bridge, come on bobby word in the ear and all that!

I wouldn't, I think he's had the best season that he's ever going to have for us last year and that wasn't much to write home about, therefore i think we should move him on and let Velios take his place in the pecking order

I vehemently disagree

I like Velios, but Vic turned a corner last season and to dump him now wouldn't be right

If we're to sell any striker, it should be the lanky Croat

Rumour that has emerged is that Hull interested in Vic but funds could be a problem. I really hope that this could happen and throw in Osman for free, that would be one pair of muppets off the books. Here's hoping that Hull can manage it.

A frustrating thought if we loses Fellaini late in the transfer-window.
Imagine if someone had activated Fellainis release clause in the begining of the the transfer-window. That 23 mil could have given us;
Capoue - 9,5 mil
Beñat - 7 mil
Fer - 4,7
Sum 21,2 mil

Beñat could have been hard to get but the other two would have been fully realistic transfer targets if they were done early on.

All these players are now indisposed and insted we'll have to look at players like McCarty and Marrone.

Hmmm...

Rumour that has emerged is that Hull interested in Vic but funds could be a problem. I really hope that this could happen and throw in Osman for free, that would be one pair of muppets off the books. Here's hoping that Hull can manage it.

Erm, stop playing footy manager as you said on another thread

Surely the point is that perhaps RM would rather have McCarthy than Fellaini, after all he is the club manager not like folk on here playing at footy manager where there are no consequences for bad decisios.

I vehemently disagree

I like Velios, but Vic turned a corner last season and to dump him now wouldn't be right

If we're to sell any striker, it should be the lanky Croat

my point being that the corner Vic turned only landed him on average street and I dont see him ever getting off it, so whats the point keeping someone who's not good enough!

unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to happen for jelavic either but I'd still give him a bit of time as he didn't score all those goals when he first arrived by blind luck

my point being that the corner Vic turned only landed him on average street and I dont see him ever getting off it, so whats the point keeping someone who's not good enough!

unfortunately it doesn't look like its going to happen for jelavic either but I'd still give him a bit of time as he didn't score all those goals when he first arrived by blind luck

Back then defenders took for granted he had pace so backed off him. Now they just offside trap him to death.

I'm not so sure anymore
Blind luck is the only reasonable thing I can attribute it to at the moment

A frustrating thought if we loses Fellaini late in the transfer-window.
Imagine if someone had activated Fellainis release clause in the begining of the the transfer-window. That 23 mil could have given us;
Capoue - 9,5 mil
Beñat - 7 mil
Fer - 4,7
Sum 21,2 mil

Beñat could have been hard to get but the other two would have been fully realistic transfer targets if they were done early on.

All these players are now indisposed and insted we'll have to look at players like McCarty and Marrone.

Hmmm...

Can we just get over Fer? He was a Moyes target, something was clearly iffy, cos how can he be worth £9M in Jan and £4M in the summer?

Last time I can remember Everton pulling the plug on a transfer due to the medical was Forsell (spelling) and he went to sign for Birmingham...to sit there for years injured.

We clearly found something that worried the club enough not to buy him and the Moyes era is over...forget anyone we were linked with while Moyes was in charge, were looking for different players now.

Can we just get over Fer? He was a Moyes target, something was clearly iffy, cos how can he be worth £9M in Jan and £4M in the summer?

Last time I can remember Everton pulling the plug on a transfer due to the medical was Forsell (spelling) and he went to sign for Birmingham...to sit there for years injured.

We clearly found something that worried the club enough not to buy him and the Moyes era is over...forget anyone we were linked with while Moyes was in charge, were looking for different players now.

Went into his last year of contract this summer with FC Twente, plus no doubt Norwich were willing to pay the majority of the fee up front while we wanted to pay over a number a years.

Just guessing on the last bit.

I think hes just emphasising the point of what was available but now it looks like we'll go and throw £10m+ on McCarthy if Fellaini goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back