The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 million for felli with add on's to sell cheaply to UNT a 13 goal midfielder is a disgrace, how low can BK stoop I hope it is false reporting as where as all this we have no need to sell quote gone???? if this happens BK has let us down yet again!

20 million for felli with add on's to sell cheaply to UNT a 13 goal midfielder is a disgrace, how low can BK stoop I hope it is false reporting as where as all this we have no need to sell quote gone???? if this happens BK has let us down yet again!

As he has done every year since hes been here. His failings go back to when he was on the board and failed to put a 2nd tier on the park end...anyways, just accept that every year the man and this board are in charge - were f**ked!

its ok though...hes a blue...he used to sit in the boys pen...hes a trained actor who can muster a tear on demand and that is apparantly enough for the majority of our fans (y)

It will be ridiculous if we sell felli for anything less than his buyout clause, we over paid for him in the first place, but if we take the 20 mil thats being branded about, minus standards lieges 20%, we're basically getting back what we paid

It will be ridiculous if we sell felli for anything less than his buyout clause, we over paid for him in the first place, but if we take the 20 mil thats being branded about, minus standards lieges 20%, we're basically getting back what we paid

It is quite likely we overpaid for him in 2008 and yes on the surface it would seem we would only get back what was paid at a fee of £20m, and £20m does seem cheap to me too, given his qualities and overall performances for us over the past 5 years.

His book value from player amortisation in the accounts could now be at £0 if, as is likely that his original transfer fee has been spread over the 5 years of the initial contract in 2008 in the yearly accounts.

This is similar to what happened with Tevez. Signed for City for around £45m, sold to Juventus for £9m plus add ons. City were due to include the final £9m player amortisation cost in their accounts next year, so the cost to city for the transfer was £0 at a basic accountancy level, rather than a £35m+loss and they may show a profit in future accounts if the add-ons kick in on that transfer.

Back to Felli, with his wages added to the wage budget (if sold) I feel it would give Martinez a decent wage budget (within the new Premier League constraints) to sign two quality first team players, or 1 first eleven player and 2 decent squad players.

If he is able to shift 1 or 2 under performing squad players before the deadline, or just Heitinga, that may give him a bit more to play with in the wage budget and an extra 1 or 2 additions on top of what he may have planned.

Would be sad to see Felli go anyway, but I think Martinez would like both his fee and his wages added to the budget to begin to put his stamp on the squad, sooner rather than later.

I wouldn't say ace. Its better than Ossie and Neville but no where near as Arteta's. As the main passer in the team he should be ticking the play more than he does. I think he gives us more composure but lacks that clever pass that makes the difference which could be down to the fact that maybe he doesn't get much forward. That should change under Martinez but another passing CM would be really good.

His range of passing is better than Arteta's mate, no doubt about it. Maybe its not widely agreed but he's also more effective in that position for Everton than Arteta was, at a fraction of the price. The one concern would be keeping him fit based on his EFC career so far but that could just be bad luck or a loving of the pies.

Rumour going around that Vic is on his way to. Hull City, may as well go Vic your just not going to make it in the prem IMO.
I get your point ... but technically Hull City are in the Prem. ;) I think he'll be an around ten goal striker by the time he's 27-29 ... he can certainly make a living in the middle/bottom of the Prem. He'll probably have one good year (15?) where we're all "oh no we shouldn't have sold him" but that will be that (crystal ball!). For a club like Hull City I think he'd be a very solid signing.

We all have this 20+ goal phenom striker type in mind but the cold reality is that there are only a handful of players each year who score that many. Vic has followed a fairly normal path to becoming a solid Prem striker. 6 goals two years ago, 8 goals last year ... 25 years old ... he'll peak in a couple of years and have some very solid seasons. Hull could even turn a profit. However he needs to be playing more than he'd play here.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back