The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a good player who will improve in a better team. He's only a couple of years older than Barkley.

Having said that I thought Gibson would be rubbish yet he's proved immense when fit. I also thought billy looked world class and was also wrong!

You can't form a definitive opinion until there here playing.

IMO 10M will seal the deal. Looking at the price of some that's cheap....but looking at others it's expensive.

Agree totally with this. I think he's the type of player (as pointed out by bluemangroup) that is always open for a pass and just keeps the ball moving, he probably wouldn't stand out but its invaluable in a team if you want the quick moving one touch football, which Martinez likes.

The problem with McCarthy, and i've seen him a fair bit, is that he seems to be more style than substance. As a young lad he was hyped to death at Hamilton, constantly linked with a move to Liverpool. As with Rodwell he was a very young player who seemed composed and comfortable on the ball, showing ability way beyond his years.
However, just like Rodwell, McCarthy has never really developed into the player many thought he would. Yes he can pass, can tackle and shoot to a fairly decent standard, but cant seem to do anything to an exceptional standard and for me, often goes missing in games.
I said years ago that Rodwell was the new Jenas. McCarthy is the new Rodwell.

The problem with McCarthy, and i've seen him a fair bit, is that he seems to be more style than substance. As a young lad he was hyped to death at Hamilton, constantly linked with a move to Liverpool. As with Rodwell he was a very young player who seemed composed and comfortable on the ball, showing ability way beyond his years.
However, just like Rodwell, McCarthy has never really developed into the player many thought he would. Yes he can pass, can tackle and shoot to a fairly decent standard, but cant seem to do anything to an exceptional standard and for me, often goes missing in games.
I said years ago that Rodwell was the new Jenas. McCarthy is the new Rodwell.
Yeah but then take somebody like Ramieres, he isn't particularly good at tackling, he isn't great at shooting, he isn't that quick. He is fit, he pressures well, he knocks a ball about and battles. McCarthy isn't particularly quick, he can't shoot that well and isn't a natural tackler. What he does very well is use his head, he has a real brain on him, he moves well and offers himself. He passes well, he plays a team game. More importantly he plays a Martinez team game. If we out lay say 10m and the football improves dramatically that seems like money well spent.

Would piss myself after nearly 1000 pages of McCarthy discussions if we didnt actually sign him.

This is exactly what is going to happen:

Everton will sign James McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day, around 1pm.

Jim White will cream himself, knowing we've sold Fellaini.

GOT will be in meltdown, until it's confirmed that Fellaini has gone for, I dunno, £26m or something.

Late drama as a random bid for Nedum Onuoha or someone equally gash fails to happen at 2am.

Everyone on here will then fume at the undisclosed fee and how garbage McCarthy is.

Kenwright will be crying and shaking the day after on Sky Sports.

Some people will wake up in the morning and say we should give him a chance.

After exactly four days, most people will say we've signed a decent player who'll offer more to us than Fellaini.

Fellaini will suddenly be pretty overrated, some will make him public enemy number one who forced the move etc.

Nailed.

This is exactly what is going to happen:

Everton will sign James McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on transfer deadline day, around 1pm.

Jim White will cream himself, knowing we've sold Fellaini.

GOT will be in meltdown, until it's confirmed that Fellaini has gone for, I dunno, £26m or something.

Late drama as a random bid for Nedum Onuoha or someone equally gash fails to happen at 2am.

Everyone on here will then fume at the undisclosed fee and how garbage McCarthy is.

Kenwright will be crying and shaking the day after on Sky Sports.

Some people will wake up in the morning and say we should give him a chance.

After exactly four days, most people will say we've signed a decent player who'll offer more to us than Fellaini.

Fellaini will suddenly be pretty overrated, some will make him public enemy number one who forced the move etc.

Nailed.

(y)Spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back