The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I have seen enough of him to form an opinion.

If you look back about 176 pages you'll find my detailed analysis of him in 3 key games for Wigan last season.

Not great.

Here's where someone says YEAH BUT YOU ONLY SAW HIM IN 3 GAMES as they pretend they've seen every game in the history of football.

Moses not in the Chelsea squad again. He'd make such a difference to our first 11. Get him in on loan with a view to buying

Would love him and Ba in our side, if we get McCarthy and do not even enquire about these two, I may get a little angry.

Also, can you imagine that Pr1ck Jim White on Sky if United get Baines and Felli on deadline day, he'll explode with excitement. I may have to kick the TV in.

Yes I have seen enough of him to form an opinion.

If you look back about 176 pages you'll find my detailed analysis of him in 3 key games for Wigan last season.

Not great.

Here's where someone says YEAH BUT YOU ONLY SAW HIM IN 3 GAMES as they pretend they've seen every game in the history of football.

Haha!

I should add that a lot of other posters on here have a different opinion on the lad and think he's half decent.

It's all opinions at the end of the day and if he does join us I hope he does well obviously.

How do you know that those players would have refused Everton?

It's also a complete deflection away from his actual point, which was showing the quality that's available in the current market at the price level of our forthcoming Joe Allen

Had we made the effort, those players would very possibly have come to us, yes. By effort I mean paying high wages etc. Something we have done to keep our top players in the past.

It's clear McCarthy is Joe Allen mk2, a total waste of 15m. Unfortunately for us, unlike the RS, we cannot eradicate our mistakes with further purchases.

How do you know that those players would have refused Everton?

It's also a complete deflection away from his actual point, which was showing the quality that's available in the current market at the price level of our forthcoming Joe Allen

I don't, just like the people posting a list of players who we could have signed for less than McCarthy don't know we could have ever signed those players.

This isn't Football Manager. You can't just buy any player you can afford.

I have no great problems with signing players from Wigan. However, anything above 12 million would be an absolute disgrace to pay for Mcarthy, especially when you consider what we are receiving for Baines.
We should not pay over 8 for him. 8 Million is a fair price, and good money for such a player. If not, save the money and invest in January.

Has anyone seen enough of McCarthy to pass judgement, I'm not criticising, I just haven't seen much of him, a lot in the media talk very highly of him. We need players who are willing to take the ball even when they have a opposition player in close quarters.

I cant see how anyone could have unless they had a Wigan season ticket. People could have seen 2-3 games on Sky but he will have come up against the Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal midfield in them game probably and maybe hasn't set the world alight but the amount of time I have heard other fans say Fellaini is only good in the air, he cant play football, lacks any technical ability etc is unbelievable because that's what they have seen on Motd or the odd live game where we have played a good bit of hoofball. If his name was McCarthisinho and he played 5 games for Juve reserves everyone would be all excited.

I cant see how anyone could have unless they had a Wigan season ticket. People could have seen 2-3 games on Sky but he will have come up against the Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal midfield in them game probably and maybe hasn't set the world alight but the amount of time I have heard other fans say Fellaini is only good in the air, he cant play football, lacks any technical ability etc is unbelievable because that's what they have seen on Motd or the odd live game where we have played a good bit of hoofball. If his name was McCarthisinho and he played 5 games for Juve reserves everyone would be all excited.

You'd be amazed by this invention called television mate, especially when you combine it with an incredible service called Football First.

I don't, just like the people posting a list of players who we could have signed for less than McCarthy don't know we could have ever signed those players.

This isn't Football Manager. You can't just buy any player you can afford.

You can't actually do that on Football Manager either!

I mean that's fair. I have seen him a few times, obviously on sky, or at the match. He's not a bad football, and he has potential. However, I think what people are objected too, is the fees involved. If we were looking at spending an 8 figure sum on a Juventus reserve, eye brows will be raised. Everton have very little money, and unlike Liverpool, we cannot indulge our manager, in allowing him to take his favourites from his old club at a hugely inflated price.
Mcarthy is a 5-6 million pound player. If we pay 8 for him, that is fair.

So when I watched him against Newcastle and Swansea last season that didnt count then?

Nah, he's like the Italian McCarthy him

I think he's a good player who will improve in a better team. He's only a couple of years older than Barkley.

Having said that I thought Gibson would be rubbish yet he's proved immense when fit. I also thought billy looked world class and was also wrong!

You can't form a definitive opinion until there here playing.

IMO 10M will seal the deal. Looking at the price of some that's cheap....but looking at others it's expensive.

I think he's a good player who will improve in a better team. He's only a couple of years older than Barkley.

Having said that I thought Gibson would be rubbish yet he's proved immense when fit. I also thought billy looked world class and was also wrong!

You can't form a definitive opinion until there here playing.

IMO 10M will seal the deal. Looking at the price of some that's cheap....but looking at others it's expensive.

Would be interesting to see how many people who don't think McCarthy is all that also thought Gibson was gash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back