The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's a good player who will improve in a better team. He's only a couple of years older than Barkley.

Having said that I thought Gibson would be rubbish yet he's proved immense when fit. I also thought billy looked world class and was also wrong!

You can't form a definitive opinion until there here playing.

IMO 10M will seal the deal. Looking at the price of some that's cheap....but looking at others it's expensive.
Think that's the most even handed summation of him I've seen. If he comes in and speeds up the passing in the middle and gets us playing the style Martinez wants then 10m will seem cheap. I'd still like us to get another midfielder in as well as McCarthy. Take a bit of pressure off of him and share the burden of being Fellainis replacement.

Last edited:

I must admit, whilst I somewhat rate McCarthy, I'd rather avoid signing him just because the lack of imagination shown thus far by Martinez in the transfer market has been startling.

It's like he's been caught completely off guard by moving to a bigger club and has no idea who could improve the side.

You'd be amazed by this invention called television mate, especially when you combine it with an incredible service called Football First.

Are you telling me you actually choose to watch a Wigan game on football first? I cant imagine them being the first choice all the time. Look im not saying people haven't seen him play, the few times I have seen Wigan he hasn't stood out for any reason but I cant sit here and be furious about signing him when I haven't seen enough of him.

Are you telling me you actually choose to watch a Wigan game on football first? I cant imagine them being the first choice all the time. Look im not saying people haven't seen him play, the few times I have seen Wigan he hasn't stood out for any reason but I cant sit here and be furious about signing him when I haven't seen enough of him.

Yes mate. I like football so I watched quite a few games on that last year, especially when it was being reported that we held an interest in him earlier in the year.

Speaking of which, I'd love us to go for Chris Brunt, that lad is so under-appreciated. Impresses me every time I watch him.

Yes mate. I like football so I watched quite a few games on that last year, especially when it was being reported that we held an interest in him earlier in the year.

Speaking of which, I'd love us to go for Chris Brunt, that lad is so under-appreciated. Impresses me every time I watch him.

He's turbo gash.

The fee is the problem. I guess the inflated fee will be £10-15m.

I confuse myself with the fee... sometimes I think £10m is well too much, but then when I think about it we'd be getting an injury free decent player with his best years ahead of him on a long term contract.

The problem is whether £10m is good value for a player who could easily just be a somewhat decent squad option rather than a star.

When we move into the mad fees mentioned like £15m you're talking about a near club record fee - that sort of money is so off base as to be madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back