The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong i'm afraid. McCarthy is going to be at least £10m.

Especially on deadline day after we sell Fellaini. Can well imagine broken leg turning round and asking for 18 million as the clock ticks down.. What then? Everton have a plan b? As if.

Especially on deadline day after we sell Fellaini. Can well imagine broken leg turning round and asking for 18 million as the clock ticks down.. What then? Everton have a plan b? As if.

in that case we shouldnt buy anyone, lets not do a liverpoolcarroll

Has anyone seen enough of McCarthy to pass judgement, I'm not criticising, I just haven't seen much of him, a lot in the media talk very highly of him. We need players who are willing to take the ball even when they have a opposition player in close quarters.

This Fellaini/Baines things has been rumbling on for weeks - I'd be very, very surprised if Martinez hasn't already sounded out a number of replacements if and when the inevitable happens

Has anyone seen enough of McCarthy to pass judgement, I'm not criticising, I just haven't seen much of him, a lot in the media talk very highly of him. We need players who are willing to take the ball even when they have a opposition player in close quarters.

Yes mate.

We're not Spurs though.

You can't sign players who don't want to join you.

How do you know that those players would have refused Everton?

It's also a complete deflection away from his actual point, which was showing the quality that's available in the current market at the price level of our forthcoming Joe Allen

He's a decent player mate, some people are over-reacting because he isn't Brazilian and plays for Wigan, but he's decent.

Problem is the price tag that is bandied about with him; he ain't worth £10m+.

When we end up with 40% of their starting line up, and they finished 25 points behind us and let in 73 goals are we not allowed to suggest that we could have spent £20m+ better?

QPR were woeful and got relegated with 10 fewer points than Wigan but would people be crying if we signed Remy, MBia, Cesar (as backup) and Granero? Somehow I don't think so as they are all very good players. Yes we already have 3 Wigan players that played last year but them 3 were surrounded by sh*te like Caldwell, Boyce, Scharner, Ezpinosa Beausejour and Ben Watson. Its a bit different when the 3 best players are put in our team which has 60% more quality all round.

I don't know if they will be great signings or a massive waste of money but people need to just wait and see how they turn out before having a meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back