The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
...it just seems the easy option and I was and still am hoping he unearths a little jewel.

All opinions though at the end of the day. Martinez will do what he feels is best for the squad. He won't please everyone with his decisions all of the time, or win the whole fanbase over either. I don't expect that is something he would find strange.

Honestly i dont care where they come from as long as they improve the first XI or add competitive depth to the squad

Funny how a lot on here **** him off for going back to wigan and in the same breadth tell utd fans that our two lads will be a good buy for united...

I have said before that 99% of people are judging MCarthys talent and deciding how much he's worth based on watching Wigan all of 3 times when they were on TV, more often than not against Man U, Arsenal etc and a few youtube videos. The same way people decided that Ofoe, Fer, Marrone etc were "brilliant" talents and wanted them at all costs despite never seeing them. We are not Wigan fans, none of us watch them on a regular basis so how we all profess to know just how good McCarthy is, is beyond me. Like you have pointed out and I did in a previous post, this is exactly what the Man U fans are doing and we are having a go at them.

If he comes and he is **** then Martinez has made a mistake and we can question his judgement, however he may come and be a excellent 1st team player that develops into a top PL player. We need to trust Martinez until he proves otherwise.

It'll be undisclosed, nailed on.

And, yes, close to £15m. Thing is though, this is why we need to force United to pay the premium. If McCarthy is costing £3-4m more than he should, United should pay £3-4m more for Fellaini.

If we spend £15m on McCarthy I think I'd actually cry.

We cannot afford to waste such huge sums of money on bog standard players.

If we want to play possession based high tempo football then sign players comfortable in that system.

Wigan were absolutely crap for 4 years apart from a handful of games. I cannot see how signing half their team will improve a team that finished 20+ points ahead of them every year.

McCarthy for anything more than £5m is a complete waste of money. No better than Gibson who cost £500k and is only a couple of years older.

I have said before that 99% of people are judging MCarthys talent and deciding how much he's worth based on watching Wigan all of 3 times when they were on TV, more often than not against Man U, Arsenal etc and a few youtube videos. The same way people decided that Ofoe, Fer, Marrone etc were "brilliant" talents and wanted them at all costs despite never seeing them. We are not Wigan fans, none of us watch them on a regular basis so how we all profess to know just how good McCarthy is, is beyond me. Like you have pointed out and I did in a previous post, this is exactly what the Man U fans are doing and we are having a go at them.

If he comes and he is **** then Martinez has made a mistake and we can question his judgement, however he may come and be a excellent 1st team player that develops into a top PL player. We need to trust Martinez until he proves otherwise.

When we end up with 40% of their starting line up, and they finished 25 points behind us and let in 73 goals are we not allowed to suggest that we could have spent £20m+ better?

If we want to play possession based high tempo football then sign players comfortable in that system.

Wigan were absolutely crap for 4 years apart from a handful of games. I cannot see how signing half their team will improve a team that finished 20+ points ahead of them every year.

McCarthy for anything more than £5m is a complete waste of money. No better than Gibson who cost £500k and is only a couple of years older.

Gibson didn't just cost 500k. Other stuff was involved wasn't it?

It seems as Martinez has a hard on for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back