The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
....encyclopedic knowledge of the global game and he's only gone 15 miles up the road, not what I'm hoping for.

Honestly i dont care where they come from as long as they improve the first XI or add competitive depth to the squad

Funny how a lot on here **** him off for going back to wigan and in the same breadth tell utd fans that our two lads will be a good buy for united...

There is a big difference in cherry picking good players from an average team... and bringing in multiple players from one relegated squad.

I can see the argument with Kone as he cost 5m+ and there may have been better options

But Robles and Alcaraz for me where decent signings, Robles cost 1-2m and is better cover to Howard than Mucha, Alcaraz is better on the ball than Disten and at a cost of nothing is a non risk signing

Honestly i dont care where they come from as long as they improve the first XI or add competitive depth to the squad

Funny how a lot on here **** him off for going back to wigan and in the same breadth tell utd fans that our two lads will be a good buy for united...

...it just seems the easy option and I was and still am hoping he unearths a little jewel.

THIS - every day of the month.

I don't get the obsession some have about where players come from. I would rather have someone who is eager to prove himself at our club that a reject from the Sky4 who is just looking for the next paycheck.

...it just seems the easy option and I was and still am hoping he unearths a little jewel.

McCarthy could be that player mate

Nobody knows if he comes how it will turn out, Everyone is just fuming because hes coming from Wigan and he is going to cost a lot

Baines is pretty much the best left-back in the world and Fellaini has torn them a new one on more than one occasion. They are integral members of the 6th best squad in the league and are Belgian and English first XI internationals who have been doing it for years.

There is no comparison to be made between the Martinez going back for Wigan players and Moyes coming back for Baines and Fellaini.

I think we're a club in trouble. If we lose Fellaini and ring in McCarthy before the deadline, we will struggle.

At the start of the summer, if you had said to me; Kone, Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy and Deulefeu would be our only signings, whilst Felli would leave, I would cry my eyes out.

Four players from a team that got relegated. Someone please give me some positives before I lose all hope entirely.

Another way of looking at it could be...

We've signed their best defender for nothing
We've signed their best striker
We could possibly be signing ther best midfielder

And a keeper from Spain who was on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back