The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay Mancs give us £30 million for Fellaini lid, hes da best in de werld

Youz what ??? £15 Million for McCarthy...youz are jocking arnt yer, hes gash, like

McCarthy cost 1.2m when Wigan bought him, will lids stop going on about £15m. He'll cost half that ffs. I'd be happy enough if we get him with no outgoings but if Felli is sold then Martinez has to get someone much better as well.

There will be so many players and their agents looking for moves over the next few days. World cup year so players will want to be getting games and teams will want to reduce wage bills.
I want us to be in for the likes of Moses and Holtby but there must be tons of good players abroad who play for teams who need to get money in or reduce their wage bills. If Fellaini goes i hope he has plans already in place

McCarthy cost 1.2m when Wigan bought him, will lids stop going on about £15m. He'll cost half that ffs. I'd be happy enough if we get him with no outgoings but if Felli is sold then Martinez has to get someone much better as well.

It doesn't matter what they initially paid for him. Because we paid around £50k for Coleman does that mean we'd sell him for £2-3m????

Wigan won't sell him for less than £10m. He's on a fairly long contract still and Wigan dont sell cheaply

It doesn't matter what they initially paid for him. Because we paid around £50k for Coleman does that mean we'd sell him for £2-3m????

Wigan won't sell him for less than £10m. He's on a fairly long contract still and Wigan dont sell cheaply

Agreed there actually - we paid £9m too much for Kone.

Ideally, we would sell no one, and throw every spare penny we have at a top draw striker. I know this will not happen, but its a message board. This team will lose games at a rate sufficient to get into Europe, or even CL. Its flipping some Draws into wins, and to do that, we need a striker who can get goals on his own.

He won't cost £7.5m mate.

He might be £8m rising to £9m with a chance of it going to £9.5 if he makes 300 passes a game. But it really wouldn't be much more than that, surely? That's a near 100% increase on what they paid, it's not like he's been linked to all the top clubs. Wigan have been relegated so aren't they duty bound not to 'hold back the careers of their players' and all that.

He might be £8m rising to £9m with a chance of it going to £9.5 if he makes 300 passes a game. But it really wouldn't be much more than that, surely? That's a near 100% increase on what they paid, it's not like he's been linked to all the top clubs. Wigan have been relegated so aren't they duty bound not to 'hold back the careers of their players' and all that.

Defo more than £10m mate. Christ knows why.

Whatever else happens, I'll take a lot of comfort from the window if, after the deadline, James McCarthy is still playing his togger in the championship.

No, but when you've been relegated it does change the rules. I wouldn't say Wigan are that flush with money or that nailed on for a immediate return to the top.

McCarthy for £15m whilst Spurs sign:

Paulinho £17m
Chadli £7m
Capoue £8.6m
Sigurdsson £8m
Dembele £15m
Holtby £1.5m
Eriksen £11m

All of whom are vastly superior players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back