The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James McCarthy though. I don't see what he's going to bring us at all, bar a Joe Allen-esque high pass completion percentage. £12m probably as well. Jesus, H. Christ. I hope we look somewhere else.

Out:
Fellaini - 25M

In
Deulofeu - Loan
Kone - 6.5M
Alcaraz - Free
Robles - 1.5M
Barry - Loan with anoption to sign him on free at the end of the season
McCarthy - 15M
Ince - 8M

Good or bad window?

Out:
Fellaini - 25M

In
Deulofeu - Loan
Kone - 6.5M
Alcaraz - Free
Robles - 1.5M
McCarthy - 15M
Ince - 8M

Good or bad window?

At best, sideways, because we did not pick up a striker better than the mediocre s--t we already have. Lacking depth has not been the reason why we are stuck in 6-8th place. Its a lack of a cutting edge striker. Would much rather have Fellaini out, 25 mil striker in.

Out:
Fellaini - 25M

In
Deulofeu - Loan
Kone - 6.5M
Alcaraz - Free
Robles - 1.5M
McCarthy - 15M
Ince - 8M

Good or bad window?

Lost also Neville, Hitzleburger and Jan Mucha, at least tell the full story Jan, btw it would be a ****e window. Over 20m extra tv money and £6m without sales, are you happy with that Jan ? im not

Not when the option is an uninterested Fellaini.

He's no good if his head's turned.

Maybe. But i'm worried about who is going to step up and win us games like Fellaini did last year. On Wednesday it only seemed to be Barkley or Deulofeu who could make the difference until Fellaini came on. Mirallas is capable of it but he hasn't played well so far. Who else is there?

Who actually said his head "is turned"?

Let's be realistic.

He has no underlying loyalty, Man U are in for him, his attention will not be on us 100% tomorrow.

As unpleasant as it is, I think he's on his way.

Maybe. But i'm worried about who is going to step up and win us games like Fellaini did last year. On Wednesday it only seemed to be Barkley or Deulofeu who could make the difference until Fellaini came on. Mirallas is capable of it but he hasn't played well so far. Who else is there?

Maybe see who Martinez has lined up?

Out:
Fellaini - 25M

In
Deulofeu - Loan
Kone - 6.5M
Alcaraz - Free
Robles - 1.5M
McCarthy - 15M
Ince - 8M

Good or bad window?

would be a ****e window as none of them midfielders are as good as the one we'd have sold...hence our midfield would be weaker..plus we haven't added more quality to the first team, only the squad

I have said before that 99% of people are judging MCarthys talent and deciding how much he's worth based on watching Wigan all of 3 times when they were on TV, more often than not against Man U, Arsenal etc and a few youtube videos. The same way people decided that Ofoe, Fer, Marrone etc were "brilliant" talents and wanted them at all costs despite never seeing them. We are not Wigan fans, none of us watch them on a regular basis so how we all profess to know just how good McCarthy is, is beyond me. Like you have pointed out and I did in a previous post, this is exactly what the Man U fans are doing and we are having a go at them.

If he comes and he is **** then Martinez has made a mistake and we can question his judgement, however he may come and be a excellent 1st team player that develops into a top PL player. We need to trust Martinez until he proves otherwise.

Pretty much sums my feelings up on a lot of views people hold this transfer window mate. Really irks me. Take this for example.

I'd rather we played Oviedo than Buttner, it;s silly to take him in, especially considering how dire he is.

But i'd rather we didn't do any deal with United at all this summer.

Now, this guy could either be an avid Manchester United U21's and Vitesse fan and I could be wide of the mark here, but the chances are he's formed this opinion upon watching him 2-3 times absolute max (sorry to single you out mate).

Same goes for a whole host of players that talked about on here. People tend to use opinions that are widely held and call them their own or just resort to outlandish statements.

Seen it all summer long. Bring on the close of the transfer window!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back