The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£15m for James McCarthy.

I'm literally about this close to topping myself right now.

Right with you pal. If we are looking at BUYING a CM at this late stage, Diame and his £5.5m release clause make way more sense than McCarthy for £15m. In fact we could get Barry and Diame, wages included, for about £11m if City agreed to pay half Barry's wage.

We need McCarthy to put in a transfer request!

It's hard to deny, having read this, that most people know very little about kickball.

Put's all the anti-McCarthy stuff into perspective.

It's true. I personally don't rate Gibson as highly as others but everybody calling him out in that thread couldn't have seen him play at club level more than 10 times, and that's being generous.

There are obviously exceptions to the rules here and some people do genuinely have an encyclopedic knowledge of football but these are few and far between. The majority of us are just average football fans with not an awful lot of knowledge outside of our own team, so why pretend otherwise?

I still dont think anyone is leaving. One, maybe two more in, but Im certain Felli and Baines will still be here after the deadline.

Gibson cost £500k, not £15m.

Oh right,
Doesn't matter to me, I haven't used my wild card yet.

Point I was making is that both players were slated equally prior to seeing them play so cost is not the issue.
Going back, I've seen Baines slated, can't defend...get rid... take Sunderland's hand off etc & Fellaini (who also cost 15m)...Castillo is better...waste of money etc.

Now it's Armageddon if they leave.

Don't think it has anything to do with cost, If we were signing a Croatian it'd be back-flips all-round.

This kid has a brain, can pass the ball and offers himself. Doesn't sound like much but you'd be surprised how rare it is to find these qualities.

If people have a genuine opinion on him, fine but I can't help but feel that most of what I'm reading is knee-jerk. If he'd a golden tan, a pony-tail and a worrying bulge in his pants you'd all be fawning & nudging your sisters into his bed.

From my playing days I always hated center-backs, full-backs, keepers and forwards. I especially hated wingers. Only ever liked center-midfield, I've gone and watched McCarthy many times. If he lacks anything it's probably a bit of authority. I think he needs to take control of those around him. Mouth off a bit more. Outside of that he has real potential & I would worry that if he went elsewhere we would regret it.

I like him. Just an opinion based on what I've seen. Take or leave.

Oh right,
Doesn't matter to me, I haven't used my wild card yet.

Point I was making is that both players were slated equally prior to seeing them play so cost is not the issue.
Going back, I've seen Baines slated, can't defend...get rid... take Sunderland's hand off etc & Fellaini (who also cost 15m)...Castillo is better...waste of money etc.

Now it's Armageddon if they leave.

Don't think it has anything to do with cost, If we were signing a Croatian it'd be back-flips all-round.

This kid has a brain, can pass the ball and offers himself. Doesn't sound like much but you'd be surprised how rare it is to find these qualities.

If people have a genuine opinion on him, fine but I can't help but feel that most of what I'm reading is knee-jerk. If he'd a golden tan, a pony-tail and a worrying bulge in his pants you'd all be fawning & nudging your sisters into his bed.

From my playing days I always hated center-backs, full-backs, keepers and forwards. I especially hated wingers. Only ever liked center-midfield, I've gone and watched McCarthy many times. If he lacks anything it's probably a bit of authority. I think he needs to take control of those around him. Mouth off a bit more. Outside of that he has real potential & I would worry that if he went elsewhere we would regret it.

I like him. Just an opinion based on what I've seen. Take or leave.

My opinion is vastly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back