The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right,
Doesn't matter to me, I haven't used my wild card yet.

Point I was making is that both players were slated equally prior to seeing them play so cost is not the issue.
Going back, I've seen Baines slated, can't defend...get rid... take Sunderland's hand off etc & Fellaini (who also cost 15m)...Castillo is better...waste of money etc.

Now it's Armageddon if they leave.

Don't think it has anything to do with cost, If we were signing a Croatian it'd be back-flips all-round.

This kid has a brain, can pass the ball and offers himself. Doesn't sound like much but you'd be surprised how rare it is to find these qualities.

If people have a genuine opinion on him, fine but I can't help but feel that most of what I'm reading is knee-jerk. If he'd a golden tan, a pony-tail and a worrying bulge in his pants you'd all be fawning & nudging your sisters into his bed.

From my playing days I always hated center-backs, full-backs, keepers and forwards. I especially hated wingers. Only ever liked center-midfield, I've gone and watched McCarthy many times. If he lacks anything it's probably a bit of authority. I think he needs to take control of those around him. Mouth off a bit more. Outside of that he has real potential & I would worry that if he went elsewhere we would regret it.

I like him. Just an opinion based on what I've seen. Take or leave.

Best line of the whole thread. Congratulations Sir!

It's not ok though. Your post is rubbish.

You claim that if he was foreign or had a foreign name we'd all want him which is utter rubbish and actually a little offensive.

If you go back through this thread you'll find a post of mine where I tell you in 3 games I watched him last season (aside from the ones against us) exactly why I don't want him or rate him.

Nothing to do with where he's from at all.

Fair enough you saying that. What makes you think it?

It would be even more embarrassing now for Moyes/United to come back with a realistic amount. It was a chancer move to test the water and Roberto. You dont go for Fabregas etc and then expect the fans to settle for Fellaini! Theyve bid again for Herrera, its all firefighting and Moyes panicking that he'll come out empty handed next week. They dont spend like the other sky four and dont "need" Baines. I dont expect any bids from United now and who else would pay the real prices?!

RM is stamping his mark and Bill would be stupid not to support his plan on sales. We dont need to sell, why would we?

Id happily see Felli go, NOT Baines though, but the players RM seems to want - Id rather he didnt have money to waste right now. Loan for Barry and maybe buy Ince and its the best window for years!

I personally would do everything to get Ba. We vitally need a threat up top.

It would be even more embarrassing now for Moyes/United to come back with a realistic amount. It was a chancer move to test the water and Roberto. You dont go for Fabregas etc and then expect the fans to settle for Fellaini! Theyve bid again for Herrera, its all firefighting and Moyes panicking that he'll come out empty handed next week. They dont spend like the other sky four and dont "need" Baines. I dont expect any bids from United now and who else would pay the real prices?!

RM is stamping his mark and Bill would be stupid not to support his plan on sales. We dont need to sell, why would we?

Id happily see Felli go, NOT Baines though, but the players RM seems to want - Id rather he didnt have money to waste right now. Loan for Barry and maybe buy Ince and its the best window for years!

I personally would do everything to get Ba. We vitally need a threat up top.

Thanks for your explanation. Hope you're right.

It was too late 4 days ago in my book.

It's not ok though. Your post is rubbish.

You claim that if he was foreign or had a foreign name we'd all want him which is utter rubbish and actually a little offensive.

If you go back through this thread you'll find a post of mine where I tell you in 3 games I watched him last season (aside from the ones against us) exactly why I don't want him or rate him.

Nothing to do with where he's from at all.

You don't rate him,
I do,
That's fine.
I don't need to go through the thread, I'll take your word for it.

I don't know, show me?

No idea how I can.

But he was caught up field and their midfield was over run and he couldn't get back.

Now I know it's just one match example, but these things have stuck in my head.

He did also score in that match. He's not all bad at all. But has serious lapses for me.

But he's young. Plenty of time to sort stuff out. But he might not.

No idea how I can.

But he was caught up field and their midfield was over run and he couldn't get back.

Now I know it's just one match example, but these things have stuck in my head.

He did also score in that match. He's not all bad at all. But has serious lapses for me.

But he's young. Plenty of time to sort stuff out. But he might not.

Just watched the highlights of that game expecting to see some howlers from him but McCarthy was in no way responsible for either of those goals. For both goals mistakes were made by other players.

For the second goal Caldwell passes it straight to an attacker who sets up the goalscorer.

For the third, 2 Wigan players (neither of who are McCarthy) get in each others way and lay the ball down for the attacker who scores.

What am I missing Ijjy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back