The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me Mccarthy in stead of Felli any day. Mccarthy gives it his all every game and Felli shows up once a month

my problem with mccarthy is the price is too high and the fact he can't provide as much for the squad as Felli. However if Man U come in with at least 25+ and mccarthy can be bought for closer to 10 mil (maybe in installments like Spurs with eriksen) it wouldn't be the end of the world. Would definitely need all the money to be re-invest if Felli were to go

Give me Mccarthy in stead of Felli any day. Mccarthy gives it his all every game and Felli shows up once a month

Truly Awfull post IMO, don't think many would share that view!

I'm not against Mcarthy coming in, I think he's a good young player who has the ability and time to improve and I think we'd be the perfect club for him to do that. But to say "give me Mcarthy over fellaini" is true madness!

I'd want to spend no more than 10M on him though and also would want Barry coming in too if we're loosing fellaini.

So its looks like Baines and Fellaini are leaving, James McCarthy and Barry in so far, we would still need another cm and a left back and a striker. :(

my problem with mccarthy is the price is too high and the fact he can't provide as much for the squad as Felli. However if Man U come in with at least 25+ and mccarthy can be bought for closer to 10 mil (maybe in installments like Spurs with eriksen) it wouldn't be the end of the world. Would definitely need all the money to be re-invest if Felli were to go

Certainly there's things Mcarthy can't add to the squad that fellaini currently does but I'd say there's things that Mcarthy adds that fellaini can't.

I'm still not overly convinced that fellaini suits Martinez's set up/style/tactics anyway. It's Baines going that's going to hurt.

Certainly there's things Mcarthy can't add to the squad that fellaini currently does but I'd say there's things that Mcarthy adds that fellaini can't.

I'm still not overly convinced that fellaini suits Martinez's set up/style/tactics anyway. It's Baines going that's going to hurt.
I agree, we will miss Baines more then Fellaini, plus I thought Fellaini made a different when he came on in the league cup.

So its looks like Baines and Fellaini are leaving, James McCarthy and Barry in so far, we would still need another cm and a left back and a striker. :(

Don't think we will see 3 CM coming in mate, don't think we need 3 really either. 1 if everyone stays, 2 if fellaini goes should be enough currently. Which would give us 3 natural CM competing for 2 places and 2 unnatural back ups in Osman and Heitinga. We also have the 3 at the back option where only one deep CM is needed.

Agreed LB would have to be brought in. And after sorting the CM there is the big problem of striker that needs addressing. For me I'd be moving jelavic on if poss and getting someone better in. CB prob needs looking at aswell over the next 12 months aswell as winger.

Plenty needs doing with this cash.

If we don't need the money and the lads are still under lengthy contracts why are we even considering selling this late. We are a football team first so surely the priority would be having the best possible group of players on the pitch, not turning a profit on player trading. Selling now, with no time to reinvest properly will severely harm our season. We should put our own deadline at the end of July and refuse to talk to anybody or consider bids after that date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back