The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I can see where ijjy is coming from. For me McCarthy is a very good all-round ball player. I think he's got a brain, a good positional sense and helps the team keep the ball.

I've said it already though, I think he lacks leadership and for the price quoted, we're taking a risk that he'll start to take games by the neck. It is a real shame that if Fellaini goes, we are losing a player who has real personality and trying to develop it elsewhere instead.

Even in the 'world market', no matter who we buy, we would be taking a punt to some degree. We can all trade punches and say he's either brilliant or useless. UTD fans are probably doing the exact same re; Fellaini.

10-12m is a fair price but we'll end up paying more as we'll be over a barrel.

McCarthy's a very special player lads, ive seen him a lot - when i say seen i mean bum on the seat in the ground at more then one game. Hes a fabulous midfield player - reminisent of Keane in his younger days, when Keane was less expierenced and more attacking. You really have to see a central midfielder live at a game to appreciate how good they are for my money.

The one thing i will say about him is that he doesnt believe hes as good as he actually is and doesnt have that natural arrogance and self confidence the likes of Keane had.

Anyway for me with McCarthy and Barkley - we would have two of the best young future central midfielders in the counrty in our team. I think McCarthy would thrive and push on with us, hes grown and progressed season on season and this would push his development on further.

Last edited:
McCarthy's a very special player lads, ive seen him a lot - when i say seen i mean bum on the seat in the ground at more then one game. Hes a fabulous midfield player - reminisent of Keane in his younger days, when Keane was less expierenced and more attacking. You really have to see a central midfielder live at a game to appreciate how good they are for my money.

The one thing i will say about him is that he doesnt believe hes as good as he actually is and doesnt have that natural arrogance and self confidence the likes of Keane had.

Anyway for me with McCarthy and Barkley - for me we have two of the best young future central midfielders in the counrty in our team.

I'm in the same boat, I've been to see him play quite a lot and I would agree totally. He moves around the pitch and gives his team mates options. Exactly the point I was trying to make about his personality though.

Anyway for me with McCarthy and Barkley - for me we have two of the best young future central midfielders in the counrty in our team.

i have been pro-McC all the time and im actually gutted if dont get him.

If Fellaini goes maybe we could go back in for Honda . I know he wants milan but with kaka saying he wants rid and them selling boeteng they wouldn't need Honda if they got kaka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back