The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end mate its all down to the geezer whose making the video, some numpty from wigan no doubt on this occasion

Well there is a lack of any other videos showing him doing anything worthy of note, which is unusual for someone who has been playing in the Premier League for the last few years.

Executionersbong article about McC might be useful to those who want to know more about him

WHy would they bother reading an informed article on him?

They have all made their minds up that:
A, we are defo signing him even though there is NO statement from ANYWHERE that we are
B, he is crap even though many respected football commentators say contrary

WHy would they bother reading an informed article on him?

They have all made their minds up that:
A, we are defo signing him even though there is NO statement from ANYWHERE that we are
B, he is crap even though many respected football commentators say contrary

Have you read Executionersbong article? It doesn't hype McCarthy up, it's laden with concerns that he is crap.

I have seen plenty of McCarthy...a little with Wigan and quite a bit with Ireland.
If we sign him,and I really hope we do, there are so many people going to look silly...he is a great play in the making.Remember he is still only 22, he is still four years younger than Fellaini and he is considered young.

People laugh at the Roy Keane comparision....but in style that is who he resembles.
How a 28 year old McCarthy would compare with a 28 Keane I don't know. But then Keane was a once off.There hasn't been anybody else in the premiership like him.

I think McCarthy would prove so many people wrong and become a fans favourite in a very short time.

It's not bull, as you say it features his cons. It certainly isn't a rousing endorsement in favour of signing him.

It has some cons. It isn't laden with anything, much less anything suggesting he's crap. It's a balanced piece, that highlights where his game needs improvement.

Face it, some of you -- just like with Martinez himself -- have made up your minds already.

It has some cons. It isn't laden with anything, much less anything suggesting he's crap. It's a balanced piece, that highlights where his game needs improvement.

Face it, some of you -- just like with Martinez himself -- have made up your minds already.

Sort of mate. But that's not to say my mind can't be changed again.

I'd love him to come and be awesome. I really would. In fact why wouldn't I?

I think alot of people forget Mcarthy is only 22 and there is potentially years of improvement ahead of him. Together with the fact of playing the last few years in a poor Wigan side where chances to excell are limited. Of course that doesn't mean we should be getting him in at any cost, but at the right cost along with someone like Barry coming in also to shoulder the responsibility of replacing fellaini I think he could turn out a very shrewd purchase.

There's very little guarentee's in football whoever you sign, you pays your money and takes your chance and hope it all works out most of the time.

Sort of mate. But that's not to say my mind can't be changed again.

I'd love him to come and be awesome. I really would. In fact why wouldn't I?

I won't throw everyone into the same brackets mates, but it's clear a lot of people think he's gash and won't accept anything that suggests otherwise. The funny thing is 99% of these people have probably only seen him on Match of the Day.

I mean, I'm not even a huge McCarthy fan, that's the kicker. I'm not going to say he's the new Xavi. But I'm prepared to be objective -- his stats and the reports I've read, as well as what I've seen with my own eyes, make me think he's a young player with a lot of positives to his game and negatives that can be ironed out with time. I take issue with the fees being touted, and the direct comparisons with Fellaini don't help -- he is NOT a Fellaini replacement; he is a different kind of CM and his fee will be noticeably less.

It cites Trappetoni's comments about his lack of creativity, likens him to Rodwell, refers to his quite low goal and assist ratio and concludes that 15million would be too much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back