The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't throw everyone into the same brackets mates, but it's clear a lot of people think he's gash and won't accept anything that suggests otherwise. The funny thing is 99% of these people have probably only seen him on Match of the Day.

I mean, I'm not even a huge McCarthy fan, that's the kicker. I'm not going to say he's the new Xavi. But I'm prepared to be objective -- his stats and the reports I've read, as well as what I've seen with my own eyes, makes me think he's a young player with a lot of positives to his game and negatives that can be ironed out with time. I take issue with the fees being touted, and the direct comparisons with Fellaini don't help -- he is NOT a Fellaini replacement; he is a different kind of CM and his fee will be noticeably less.

Probably the best way to be mate.

I've seen him be average to poor more times than I've seen him be good. Thats why i have my opinion. It would be weird if i didnt. In fact I've only see him really stand out against Everton. And I perhaps a bit daftly, put that down to us being utter turd on those days rather than him being good.

If he comes he comes. He'd have my full support.

...I'm presuming all of the McCarthy chat is conjecture. Folk putting 2 and 2 together because of the obvious links between Manager and player. As far as I know, no official approach has been made. McCarthy might be decent, but if we have to dip into the market I hope RM casts his net a bit further. Continually going back to your old club is a bit of concern to me, I'm just thinking its lazy and lacks a bit of guile.

It cites Trappetoni's comments about his lack of creativity, likens him to Rodwell, refers to his quite low goal and assist ratio and concludes that 15million would be too much for him.

It mentions cons, but you've added 'crap'. That's your opinion encroaching on your account of an objective article.

Also as an Ireland fan, I'd trust Trapp about as far as I could throw Victor Anichebe. Interesting how you don't mention the article's similar balance-restoring negative comments on Trapp.

Goal/assist stats for CMs are usually low, and the assist stat as a whole is deeply flawed. Michael Carrick, one of the best in McCarthy's position and role last season, had 1 PL goal and 4 assists -- hardly stellar.

It cites Trappetoni's comments about his lack of creativity, likens him to Rodwell, refers to his quite low goal and assist ratio and concludes that 15million would be too much for him.

A Rodwell that doesn't always get injured? Wouldn't mind it. I just don't want us to spend 15m on him, that is so overpriced it's unbelievable.

It mentions cons, but you've added 'crap'. That's your opinion encroaching on your account of an objective article.

Also as an Ireland fan, I'd trust Trapp about as far as I could throw Victor Anichebe. Interesting how you don't mention the article's similar balance-restoring negative comments on Trapp.

Goal/assist stats for CMs are usually low, and the assist stat as a whole is deeply flawed. Michael Carrick, one of the best in McCarthy's position and role last season, had 1 PL goal and 4 assists -- hardly stellar.

I am highlighting the cons, but they shouldn't be ignored. It also says he could be described as being a crab, and it has Youtube videos which seems to back that up.

It is bull though, his pros far outwigh his cons in the article

And weighed down with a significant amount of concerns, he is being likened to Rodwell, details his propensity to pass backwards, people don't think he is worth 15 million, then there are his Youtube videos which seem to verify that. It really isn't some raving review or an endorsement to signing him.

Thought it was interesting that United fans seem to rate the lad a lot more than ours do.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/james-mccarthy.288264/page-13

Haha!

So United fans would rather have McCarthy over Fellaini. They'll probably get Fellaini.

We'd rather have Fellaini over McCarthy. We'll probably get McCarthy.

Football is weird.

I am highlighting the cons, but they shouldn't be ignored. It also says he could be described as being a crab, and it has Youtube videos which seems to back that up.

No they shouldn't be ignored. That's why I didn't ignore them. Ditto for his positives, which you seem to be aggressively unaware of.

And weighed down with a significant amount of concerns, he is being likened to Rodwell, details his propensity to pass backwards, people don't think he is worth 15 million, then there are his Youtube videos which seem to verify that. It really isn't some raving review or an endorsement to signing him.

Bilyaletdinov's yotube videos were superb....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back