The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Merson just nailed it about Everton.

- Said it's pretty ridiculous for Everton to even consider selling at this stage of the window.
- Said Everton fans would be furious if we sold Fellaini and Baines and brought in McCarthy.
- Criticised Martinez' lack of imagination in the market, compared to Laudrup at Swansea when he came in.
- Criticised the ridiculous amount of money spent on Kone.

Spot on.

But I don't think the amount for Kone was silly. 5million is nothing really.

- Said it's pretty ridiculous for Everton to even consider selling at this stage of the window.
- Said Everton fans would be furious if we sold Fellaini and Baines and brought in McCarthy.
- Criticised Martinez' lack of imagination in the market, compared to Laudrup at Swansea when he came in.

Well spot on. I cannot agree more.

Merson's a thick smack head and Charlie Nicholas is Moyes mate and hanging off his arse.

Disgrace the way they went after Martinez there. He's had two league games and they want a new style bedded in now or it's all going wrong. Dickheads.

Just shows you what happens when anyone stands up to United over transfers, the witch hunt in the media is appalling.

£6m up front wasn't it to meet the release clause?

Either way, we spent £9m too much on him.

Nope. Release clause was under £6m and the deal took as long as it did as we were discussing a payment structure with Wigan. Paying it in installments, about £3m upfront (i think).

Merson's a thick smack head and Charlie Nicholas is Moyes mate and hanging off his arse.

Disgrace the way they went after Martinez there. He's had two league games and they want a new style bedded in now or it's all going wrong. Dickheads.

Just shows you what happens when anyone stands up to United over transfers, the witch hunt in the media is appalling.

I would agree with Merson if it was getting near Xmas. But it isn't. RM has had 3 games, we are unbeaten.

We are Everton and we should be better than this knee jerk garbage

On Soccer Sat?

I am watching it and I didn't see him say any of that (except the Baines and Fellaini part).

Last edited:

Glad we're getting Gareth Barry on loan tbh. Experienced pro, very good passer. Will fill the gap that we have when gibson is injured. Good leader too.

I have a feeling Barry will be one of the best signings of the season. I think he'll bring a lot to our midfield and a trio of Barry, Fellaini and Barkley would be quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back