The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd go along with that. His passing ability should hopefully contribute to bringing more effective players into our attacks.

His discipline in his role will allow our attacking players to express themselves more as they know that theres always somewhere there to protect the defence and 'clean up' when Osman plays there, i dont think the players feel that way.

It has some cons. It isn't laden with anything, much less anything suggesting he's crap. It's a balanced piece, that highlights where his game needs improvement.

Face it, some of you -- just like with Martinez himself -- have made up your minds already.

I won't throw everyone into the same brackets mates, but it's clear a lot of people think he's gash and won't accept anything that suggests otherwise. The funny thing is 99% of these people have probably only seen him on Match of the Day.

I mean, I'm not even a huge McCarthy fan, that's the kicker. I'm not going to say he's the new Xavi. But I'm prepared to be objective -- his stats and the reports I've read, as well as what I've seen with my own eyes, make me think he's a young player with a lot of positives to his game and negatives that can be ironed out with time. I take issue with the fees being touted, and the direct comparisons with Fellaini don't help -- he is NOT a Fellaini replacement; he is a different kind of CM and his fee will be noticeably less.

Absolutely spot on.

Another way of looking at it could be...

We've signed their best defender for nothing
We've signed their best striker
We could possibly be signing ther best midfielder

And a keeper from Spain who was on loan.

Perhaps. But if we signed Leeds' best defender, midfielder and striker I wouldn't be too pleased either. The fact lies that the team wasn't good enough to stay up last year.

Could you imagine our midfield against Stoke or any Premiership side for that matter? McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, Pienaar and Mirallas would get raped. We lose Felli and bring in McCarthy there is no physical presence, and that will show up. First time in over 10 years really that has been a problem.

I would agree with Merson if it was getting near Xmas. But it isn't. RM has had 3 games, we are unbeaten.

We are Everton and we should be better than this knee jerk garbage

As they no doubt would for any other manager.

If we'd have handed Baines and Fellaini over to United for the ten bob they offered, as per the script, that Sky Sports analysis today would have looked a lot different.

Merson's a thick smack head and Charlie Nicholas is Moyes mate and hanging off his arse.

Disgrace the way they went after Martinez there. He's had two league games and they want a new style bedded in now or it's all going wrong. Dickheads.

Just shows you what happens when anyone stands up to United over transfers, the witch hunt in the media is appalling.

He's nailed it though, Dave. What has he said that, so far, can be proved incorrect?

Merson is generally very warm towards Everton as well. Calling it a "witch-hunt" is silly though.

If we sell either of them, they will be back for Barkley next summer. This is bigger than either Fellaini or Baines.

He's nailed it though, Dave. What has he said that, so far, can be proved incorrect?

Merson is generally very warm towards Everton as well. Calling it a "witch-hunt" is silly though.

He's nailed his own soft arse, no more than that. How can anyone take seriously that buffoon and Nicholas making judgements on Everton this early?

They get paid to come up with sensationalist ****e. They just delivered by the bucket-load.

He's nailed his own soft arse, no more than that. How can anyone take seriously that buffoon and Nicholas making judgements on Everton this early?

They get paid to come up with sensationalist ****e. They just delivered by the bucket-load.

I think a lot of our own fans would agree with every point in Tubey's summary though.

I agree though, they have to make it interesting and do chat some balls sometimes, but I think he's right on this one.

Well Dave I respect your postings very much but please clarify what are your judgements if you have any.

Should we sell both or just Felli or none.
Should we buy Mccarhty
Should we sign Barry
Should we do nothing
What would you like to see happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back