The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what the problem is with signing Wigan players? Is it because they were relegated? Because that's a silly reason if so. It's not as if the entire Wigan squad is joining, it'll be two/three at best to compliment who we already have.

Kone, Alcatraz and McCarthy would be in a completely different situation here compared to what they've had to endure in their Premier League careers so far.

My problem with signing James McCarthy is that I don't think he's very good.

My problem with signing James McCarthy is that I don't think he's very good.

My comment wasn't directed towards your James McCarthy comment, but while we're on the subject, judging a player who's consistently been in a relegation battle since he arrived in England is risky. He's 22 and had the burden of being Wigan's metronome for the last couple of years. Relegation battles are hardly the ideal learning situation for a player with his style of play. However, that hasn't stopped him sticking to his style and improving each season at Wigan. I personally think he could benefit greatly in a team which is on top for the majority of their games. We are one of those teams.

My comment wasn't directed towards your James McCarthy comment, but while we're on the subject, judging a player who's consistently been in a relegation battle since he arrived in England is risky. He's 22 and had the burden of being Wigan's metronome for the last couple of years. Relegation battles are hardly the ideal learning situation for a player with his style of play. However, that hasn't stopped him sticking to his style and improving each season at Wigan. I personally think he could benefit greatly in a team which is on top for the majority of their games. We are one of those teams.

I disagree.

But do I really have to type my reasons out again??

They're in this thread somewhere. With clear examples.

Before we start slating players for their pedigree, I'd like us all to take a step back for a moment and consider this.

If the internet was around when we signed the following:

A goalkeeper from league 1 Bury who the season before was playing non-league footie and working as a binman.

A midfielder from Bolton who was always crocked.

A reject from the sh^te.

A striker from the Scottish 1st division club Dumbarton.

This site would have gone into fumefest.
The computer says no guys would be whining about poor ratings and the board haters would be banging the NSNO drums like an African tribal party.

Yet, Neville Southall, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy and Graeme Sharp were mainstays of the greatest team ever to wear the Royal blue.

Whoever we end up signing, let's give them a bit of time to prove themselves one way or another.

There's plenty of time to say "I told you so!" for both sides of the argument.

best post ever, bar none :)

I disagree

and i respect your opinion, but you dont need to spend 20 million on every player to be successful, the ****e have proved that.

As long as the manager has an eye for a player and he can get him at a decent price and improves the squad, then im all for it.

I bet Senor Martinez is here longer than Moyes is at Utd

I disagree.

But do I really have to type my reasons out again??

They're in this thread somewhere. With clear examples.

Okay, here's a deal:

I will go back and read your reasons if we haven't signed McCarthy before deadline day. But if we do sign him, I think you'll be agreeing before you know it.

After Kone and Alcaraz I dont think Martinez can buy any more Wigan players without looking a bit desperate. I can see the reasoning behind both and think they'll be very useful additions. But if they do sign then it'll be time for Roberto to start using this 'global market' he mentioned in his first interview.

Before we start slating players for their pedigree, I'd like us all to take a step back for a moment and consider this.

If the internet was around when we signed the following:

A goalkeeper from league 1 Bury who the season before was playing non-league footie and working as a binman.

A midfielder from Bolton who was always crocked.

A reject from the sh^te.

A striker from the Scottish 1st division club Dumbarton.

This site would have gone into fumefest.
The computer says no guys would be whining about poor ratings and the board haters would be banging the NSNO drums like an African tribal party.

Yet, Neville Southall, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy and Graeme Sharp were mainstays of the greatest team ever to wear the Royal blue.

Whoever we end up signing, let's give them a bit of time to prove themselves one way or another.

There's plenty of time to say "I told you so!" for both sides of the argument.

Stands and applauds.

After Kone and Alcaraz I dont think Martinez can buy any more Wigan players without
looking a bit desperate. I can see the
reasoning behind both and think
they'll be very useful additions. But if
they do sign then it'll be time for
Roberto to start using this 'global
market' he mentioned in his first
interview.

I would take Robles for a low fee as a back up keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back