The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 of whom never played and one of whom should have retired the season before. They're irrelevant.

People make quite a deal of those 3 leaving...

Mucha - We will sign another back up GK

Hitz - Was back up to the back up, and whilst Barkley was here between loans didn't get on the bench. Was only brought in to allow Barkley out on loan. Already replaced by Barkley.

Neville - RB and CM cover for Gibson. We have 3 RB's and as Martinez said we will bring in at least another CM player.

Numbers wasn't actually a problem for us last season, it was the quality in those numbers. There was too much difference between the quality on the pitch and in reserve. Don't think we need to keep everyone and add depth, we need to replace squad players with better or bring in a better first 11 with them moving to squad.

Come August 31st our squad has been altered in this way:

Out:
Heitinga
Fellaini
Gueye
(and of course the obvious who have already left the club.)

In:
Alcaraz
Kone
Joels
McGeady
McCarthy
Moses

Would you guys be happy with that?

IMO our squad would be a lot stronger with a lot more competition for places as well as giving RM the option of changing things around.

No because that would mean we'v spent around 17M on McGeady and McCarthy which is sucicidal spending on bog average players who ain't good enough to wear the royal blue.

Alcaraz
Lescott
Honda
Fer
Donovan
Moses
Bony
Kone

Now they are players fit to wear the shirt...

I'd also dispose of jelavic and Naismith

I don't think we have ever signed a player without anyone on here calling them `bog average` or `****e`. Let them prove themselves!! Got to trust the manager....

Come August 31st our squad has been altered in this way:

Out:
Heitinga
Fellaini
Gueye
(and of course the obvious who have already left the club.)

In:
Alcaraz
Kone
Joels
McGeady
McCarthy
Moses

Would you guys be happy with that?

IMO our squad would be a lot stronger with a lot more competition for places as well as giving RM the option of changing things around.

How do destroy a team in several easy steps.

Alcaraz
Lescott
Honda
Fer
Donovan
Moses
Bony
Kone

Honda
Fer
Bony

Those three yes;

Alcaraz - 4th choice?
Lescott - ditched us
Donovan -- getting on now
Moses -- all pace no brains
Kone -- average at best.

I don't think we have ever signed a player without anyone on here calling them `bog average` or `****e`. Let them prove themselves!! Got to trust the manager....

Andrei Kanchelskis.

That is the type of signing i want, or a top youngster....not average players who stood out in a poor team.

Honda
Fer
Bony

Those three yes;

Alcaraz - 4th choice?
Lescott - ditched us
Donovan -- getting on now
Moses -- all pace no brains
Kone -- average at best.

4th choice - Yes but every team needs a 4th choice
Ditched us - So what, he's still a top defender, replacement for Distin and adds goals.
Getting on now - I don't care, he hasn't declined, twice as good as Naismith and will be free or nominal earlier
All pace no brains - Not sure that is a valid point more an opinion.
Average at best - Well a step up from jelavic then!

Alcaraz
Lescott
Honda
Fer
Donovan
Moses
Bony
Kone

Donovan is past it IMO, Bony has scored goals in the Dutch league but so did Alphonso Alves (over 30 IIRC) so I would be careful about signing strikers from the Dutch league.
Lescott, while a good player, offers nothing that Jags, Distin and DUffy don't have - power. Alcaraz does.
I would love Honda, but I think he is an unrealistic target.
I have never seen Fer play so I can't really comment on him. Seems to me that he is on a lot of peoples wishlist because we almost got him.

I would give Jelavic another season, but Naismith can go for free. IMO RM will give both a chance.

Donovan is past it IMO, Bony has scored goals in the Dutch league but so did Alphonso Alves (over 30 IIRC) so I would be careful about signing strikers from the Dutch league.
Lescott, while a good player, offers nothing that Jags, Distin and DUffy don't have - power. Alcaraz does.
I would love Honda, but I think he is an unrealistic target.
I have never seen Fer play so I can't really comment on him. Seems to me that he is on a lot of peoples wishlist because we almost got him.

I would give Jelavic another season, but Naismith can go for free. IMO RM will give both a chance.
Van Persie, van Nistelrooij and Bergkamp also played in the Dutch league mate. I'd be more than happy to take a chance on Bony. Can't really be compared to Alves imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back