The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the whole Kone and Alcaraz saga is a hoax to lead the masses away from the actual prize.

OK, I am not one of the people who think Kone would be a bad signing but he's clearly not a top class striker, which we really need to progress this season in my opinion.

My biggest concern is this quote from Martinez:

""I think we need to bring in three or four new faces - one per unit (goalkeeper, defence, midfield and striker) and make sure we get an extra option or dimension into the squad."

(sauce: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ing-Wigan-duo-Arouna-Kone-and-Antolin-Alcaraz)

This means that, assuming we do sign Alcaraz and Kone, we're looking to sign a back-up goalkeeper and a midfielder in addition to those 2. Unless that midfielder is someone who makes a huge impact, I can't see us being able to even maintain last year's standards, let alone compete for a top 4 place.

If we're only signing 4 players, we should be focusing on spending most of that cash where it's going to make a big difference: a slotter (Bent may be worth a punt but ideally someone even better) and/or a pacey and skillful winger (Mirallas type).

Ideally, we should get Alcaraz (free), back-up goalkeeper (under 500k or loan), backup CM (loan) and splash the rest on a finisher.

OK, I am not one of the people who think Kone would be a bad signing but he's clearly not a top class striker, which we really need to progress this season in my opinion.

My biggest concern is this quote from Martinez:

""I think we need to bring in three or four new faces - one per unit (goalkeeper, defence, midfield and striker) and make sure we get an extra option or dimension into the squad."

(sauce: http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ing-Wigan-duo-Arouna-Kone-and-Antolin-Alcaraz)

This means that, assuming we do sign Alcaraz and Kone, we're looking to sign a back-up goalkeeper and a midfielder in addition to those 2. Unless that midfielder is someone who makes a huge impact, I can't see us being able to even maintain last year's standards, let alone compete for a top 4 place.

If we're only signing 4 players, we should be focusing on spending most of that cash where it's going to make a big difference: a slotter (Bent may be worth a punt but ideally someone even better) and/or a pacey and skillful winger (Mirallas type).

Ideally, we should get Alcaraz (free), back-up goalkeeper (under 500k or loan), backup CM (loan) and splash the rest on a finisher.

If that's a deliberate misspelling if source, I like it.

Martinez also seems to be speaking like he's expecting noone to leave, so it could be 3 or 4 WITHOUT sales.

Hopefully, as most people know, we won't make a marquee signing unless we sell Fellaini. I'd expect a CM to be bought this window. And would be nice to have a young back up keeper to challenge Howard.

I'd be very happy if we got at least 4 players of good quality with no departures.

2 of whom never played and one of whom should have retired the season before. They're irrelevant.

Agreed and we will sell Heitinga and bring Stones through(hopefully). Barkley will be given the games he deserves here and I'm looking forward to maybe seeing Kennedy get a game towards the end of the season. Maybe even Long/let Garbutt play second fiddle to Baines and Oviedo can push on further in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back