The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs. It's Sam Byram you plonkers.

Byram is similar in quality and position to John Stones. Not convinced he would make an instant impact on our first team which is what we should be striving for at this point in the transfer window. We should be trying to attract Luke Shaw from Southampton or looking abroad for a cheap talented alternative.

Makes a lot of sense to me if we sign young players proven in the english leagues. BeingEnglish they would also hold their value.

If baines went then shaw would be an excellent signing but how much would he cosf - saints dont need the money.

Luke Shaw would be really expensive but hopefully Baines will stay, Martinez sounded pretty keen to keep him with all the talk of him being an icon.

Luke Shaw would be really expensive but hopefully Baines will stay, Martinez sounded pretty keen to keep him with all the talk of him being an icon.

I tell ya ma she's an icon doesn't mean I wanna keep her when am done :lol:

But I hope so tho think this would really screw us up as a team loosing Baines and under Martinez and the way he plays I reckon will suit him better.

Martin Demichellis has been released by Malaga after not being able to agree a new contract. Why not try and get him? I can imagine him wanting to play in the PL. He's 32, so he's three years younger than Distin. Still got it imo. Scored four goals in La Liga this season and played well in the CL. We all know Martinez likes the Argentinians.

I don't see him doing well in the prem league at all. He would get burned for pace week in and week out, also has a propensity to put in some really awfully timed challenges. That all being said I wouldn't be livid if we signed him as he is on a free. Alcaraz is the better player to me with more prem experience but he did spit at a player so I don't really like that. Tough call.

Relax people,
Martines started work this week
, .

he should have hit the ground running instead of poncing about at the Confederations Cup. Look at the other newbie managers inc. Moyes, they seem a lot more active, things getting sorted etc. RM will get messed about by Kenwright no end if he's not careful. Oh and realistically we have a month to be ready for the new season, we should be sorted now !! not leaving everything until the last minute as that's just piss poor planning attributed to ****e management.

he should have hit the ground running instead of poncing about at the Confederations Cup. Look at the other newbie managers inc. Moyes, they seem a lot more active, things getting sorted etc. RM will get messed about by Kenwright no end if he's not careful. Oh and realistically we have a month to be ready for the new season, we should be sorted now !! not leaving everything until the last minute as that's just piss poor planning attributed to ****e management.
His contract only started on July 1st and already he has targeted two players. Moyes has gone for baines so I wouldn't say he has been more active. Maybe if you get a new job you could start a couple of weeks early. for free.

From the people...

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has given Steven Naismith a major boost-by blocking moves for him.

Martinez has been sounded out by a couple of clubs for the former Rangers forward but will keep him despite the chance to cash in.

Certainly becoming more and more negative as the days go by.

He hasn't even had one game yet mate. I agree the names linked at the minute are underwhelming but his feet are barely over the door. The next two weeks should see some action.

From the people...Everton boss Roberto Martinez has given Steven Naismith a major boost-by blocking moves for him.Martinez has been sounded out by a couple of clubs for the former Rangers forward but will keep him despite the chance to cash in.
only thing i can think of is he isnt going to get a lot of money for him to put back into the squad,otherwise anthing over a million and i would let him go.

He hasn't even had one game yet mate. I agree the names linked at the minute are underwhelming but his feet are barely over the door. The next two weeks should see some action.

That's true, but it's hardly his fault is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back