The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
only thing i can think of is he isnt going to get a lot of money for him to put back into the squad,otherwise anthing over a million and i would let him go.

I was under the impression we had 10m but after reading sheedys posts we may have a much smaller figure than that.....some club eh.

I know its irrational but Ive really gone off Martinez. He still thinks he is managing a Wigan or a Swansea with the players hes after and the ones he wants to keep. Extreamly disappointing transfer window yet again, just leave Kenwright.

I know its irrational but Ive really gone off Martinez. He still thinks he is managing a Wigan or a Swansea with the players hes after and the ones he wants to keep. Extreamly disappointing transfer window yet again, just leave Kenwright.

Eh? Who has Martinez said he's interested in? How can you be going off someone who hasn't made a public offer for anyone??? **** me.

I was under the impression we had 10m after reading sheedys posts we may even have less than that.....some club eh.
not a lot really is it when the likes of swansea are throwing 12 million bids about for a single player and we need at least 4 to keep an already stretched squad up to last years small squad numbers, somebody is getting sold if that figure is correct.

Eh? Who has Martinez said he's interested in? How can you be going off someone who hasn't made a public offer for anyone??? **** me.
Hes publically talked about signing Kone in the Liverpool Echo and how we're getting a striker in peak condition.

From the people...

Everton boss Roberto Martinez has given Steven Naismith a major boost-by blocking moves for him.

Martinez has been sounded out by a couple of clubs for the former Rangers forward but will keep him despite the chance to cash in.

Cant very well let players go before he has a chance to evaluate what we have given that he has already said we need at least four players to get anywhere near the number of players for the season ahead.

Hes publically talked about signing Kone in the Liverpool Echo and how we're getting a striker in peak condition.

For 5mil, he is in peak condition, he just came off a really decent season. I don't like it, you certainly don't like it, but we're not signing Messi this summer sadly, this has been the way for the last 20 years and I don't see much changing! So pinning it on a man in the job for 7 days, well, that's a bit rough.

not a lot really is it when the likes of swansea are throwing 12 million bids about for a single player and we need at least 4 to keep an already stretched squad up to last years small squad numbers, somebody is getting sold if that figure is correct.

Classic is,nt it......"Bob no need to sell any players, sign here, oh with all the new tv money we will have a few quid to get a few players"

No one can tell me that our leader has,nt led bob up the garden path........someone is deffo getting sold becuase Bill relys on the fanbase to twig on when it,s too late.....pressure is building

One last thing .......anyone know why Baines has not had a new 5 year contract put on the table last week for him to sign.

Baines IS for sale until the club puts a contract on the table.

For 5mil, he is in peak condition, he just came off a really decent season. I don't like it, you certainly don't like it, but we're not signing Messi this summer sadly, this has been the way for the last 20 years and I don't see much changing! So pinning it on a man in the job for 7 days, well, that's a bit rough.

No one is asking for us to sign Messi, we're asking the club to show a bit of ambition ffs. Norwich, Swansea, Southampton all throwing money around and we can't shall we just accept that? Really decent season is a bit much, he scored 11 goals and turns 30 in November, he's a terrible signing and if the other names being thrown around are true then we're in for an underwhelming transfer window.

I would personally be more optimistic about signing Charlie Austin than Kone.

Yes I know what some will say, Austin is a risk as he's never played in the Premier League whereas Kone is "proven".

Each to their own obviously, but rather than a 30 year old who has "proven" he can hit a massive 11 goals in 30 odd games, I'd be more intrigued to see what 24 year old Austin can do in the top flight for a reported 4.5 million.

He may turn out Crap who knows, but he's done very well at Burnley and he MAY do well in the Premier League.

For that kind of money, Austin would be a more interesting signing for me.

Last edited:
No one is asking for us to sign Messi, we're asking the club to show a bit of ambition ffs. Norwich, Swansea, Southampton all throwing money around and we can't shall we just accept that? Really decent season is a bit much, he scored 11 goals and turns 30 in November, he's a terrible signing and if the other names being thrown around are true then we're in for an underwhelming transfer window.

Time will tell but I think he could be a very good signing. You can't just assume he's going to be a terrible and then blame the manager for bringing terrible players in. He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet. I'm sure if there was money available Martinez would be going for a higher standard of player but that clearly isn't the case.

only thing i can think of is he isnt going to get a lot of money for him to put back into the squad,otherwise anthing over a million and i would let him go.

I reckon Martinez will get him playing well in a position that suits.

#Naismithinpegs

Apparently villa are prepared to lower there 6m price tag for Darren bent I no he isn't far off 30 but he knows where the back of the net is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back