The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is jelavic quick strong and can run at defenders no everyone is looking into this age thing to much I think he will a distin type player playing at the top level when he's 34 - 35

If he is so good our only competition for him wouldn't be coming from a nearly relegated Newcastle side.
He's average. Answer this honestly, will Kone move us on from 6th place?

I'm absolutely gutted we're signing this fella.

What a terrible start to the new era.

Because Jelavic looked like a lame mule at times last season and Kone destroyed our defence several times last season.

We conceded for 18 games on the run last season, hardly a way to judge a striker is it? The season before Jelavic was one of the best strikers in the league, who is to say Kone won't tail off like Jelavic and others have?

We conceded for 18 games on the run last season, hardly a way to judge a striker is it? The season before Jelavic was one of the best strikers in the league, who is to say Kone won't tail off like Jelavic and others have?

Jelavic performed well for us for a period of about 4 months (Feb-May) when he got here. The following season he was largely useless from Sept-May, a much longer time period.

I judged Jelavic on his inability to trap a ball, make a 5 yard pass and stay onside.

Jelavic performed well for us for a period of about 4 months (Feb-May) when he got here. The following season he was largely useless from Sept-May, a much longer time period.

I judged Jelavic on his inability to trap a ball, make a 5 yard pass and stay onside.

I'm not defending Jelavic but I do t see how people can say Kone is an improvement on him because he is not.

If he is so good our only competition for him wouldn't be coming from a nearly relegated Newcastle side.
He's average. Answer this honestly, will Kone move us on from 6th place?

No I don't think he will but I personally think he's better than what we've got

Can u explain why he won't improve us don't understand ?

Sure he's an all-rounder with no exceptional skills or ability. His goalscoring record is average and any other stats are similar to the other 2 forwards we have on the books.

Probably decent for a mid-table side.

I'm not defending Jelavic but I do t see how people can say Kone is an improvement on him because he is not.

He performed much better than Jelavic did last season whilst at a much worse team. He's got pace, can dribble, and can score goals. There's at least two things that Jelavic can't do.

No I don't think he will but I personally think he's better than what we've got

So what's the point? Not many players get any better past 30 in fact they get worse. His peak is 11 goals, it is a complete waste of money and stopping a younger player stepping up, I'd rather Vellios be given games than waste £5m on Kone.

He performed much better than Jelavic did last season whilst at a much worse team. He's got pace, can dribble, and can score goals. There's at least two things that Jelavic can't do.

He scored 11 goals in 30 odd games, not exactly brilliant is it? Moyes has a reputation of ruining our strikers as well.

So he did average in his 1st season in the league...jelavic was awesome in 1/2 a season and see what happened to him.

Think about all the one season wonders in the league...and this guy has an average record with every chance coming to him st wigan.

Its irrelevant if hes in a worse team, it depends on how the team is setup to play...how about southampton or norwich forwards if were going down this route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back