The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

It will happen.

I'm confident that the usual "bedding in time" will be less than usual too as Martinez will know exactly how to use him. Just needs a few training sessions with the ladz first.

I just don't see how people can complain about actually buying someone, and someone that will improve us. Its 5 million, for someone with his attributes and knows the manager i'm confident he will be worth it, even if we do bring someone else in and he is a very effective sub.

Also, a LOT of people were wrong about Gibson. We should all know by now to give players a chance before getting on their backs.

Optimism brigade!

Cmoon Kone laar!

Marching through the fields of negativity. One by one.

It's the Optimism Brigade.

I just don't see how people can complain about actually buying someone, and someone that will improve us. Its 5 million, for someone with his attributes and knows the manager i'm confident he will be worth it, even if we do bring someone else in and he is a very effective sub.

Also, a LOT of people were wrong about Gibson. We should all know by now to give players a chance before getting on their backs.

Spot on mate. And if it doesn't work then I'm sure we can sell him a year later for a small loss. But I'm confident he'll be at worst a decent 10 goal a season striker.

Gibson is a perfect example of this too!

Kone will score more than Jelavic. How the [Poor language removed] is that not an improvement. We're paying 5 million for him, not 10 ffs. For 5 million you'd say if they scored 15 goals odd a season then its worth it. Please also stop saying "we can get someone better for the same price" try and name one and then find, and not some young kid who has no idea in the league and not enough experience with age. For 5 million he's not a bad striker. People are just seemingly getting on his back and and are mouthwatering at the idea of Soldado and Bony etc which we have a slim chance of getting.

Point is, he's not the worst striker we could get by any means, he has more attributes than all of our strikers, he scores more goals and he will cost only 5 million. If he scores 15-20 goals I can guarantee you will all be raving about him by the end of the season. And that's the key point... WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON TO JUDGE HIM YOU BAD MELTS. If he fails, okay you were right, then we can all get on his back, but he may still score 20 odd goals you don't know. So lets wait until the end of the f*cling season and see how he does.

Quite an amusing post an again missing the point. Why is the figure of 5mil important at all? I'm lost.

Kone will score more than Jelavic. How the [Poor language removed] is that not an improvement. We're paying 5 million for him, not 10 ffs. For 5 million you'd say if they scored 15 goals odd a season then its worth it. Please also stop saying "we can get someone better for the same price" try and name one and then find, and not some young kid who has no idea in the league and not enough experience with age. For 5 million he's not a bad striker. People are just seemingly getting on his back and and are mouthwatering at the idea of Soldado and Bony etc which we have a slim chance of getting.

Point is, he's not the worst striker we could get by any means, he has more attributes than all of our strikers, he scores more goals and he will cost only 5 million. If he scores 15-20 goals I can guarantee you will all be raving about him by the end of the season. And that's the key point... WAIT UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON TO JUDGE HIM YOU BAD MELTS. If he fails, okay you were right, then we can all get on his back, but he may still score 20 odd goals you don't know. So lets wait until the end of the f*cling season and see how he does.

Moggerz nails it again.

Quite an amusing post an again missing the point. Why is the figure of 5mil important at all? I'm lost.

What is the point then? And the figure as to gauge what we expect of a striker. Many are practically saying he's not gonna score us 20 goals, hes not good enough.

It's significant because its sadly our budget or specifically, what we will budget for a striker. How exactly has he missed the point? He's very much listed the many pros of Kone signing.
Ideally, we'd be buying Bony or Soldado, but we can't or won't. I can see that people would feel its cutting significantly into our budget, but we need a striker, we need options up front.

You.

I like you.

What is the point then? And the figure as to gauge what we expect of a striker. Many are practically saying he's not gonna score us 20 goals, hes not good enough.

Here's the facts;

1-- We dont need to have a 5mil /10mil or 50mil player-- we need a player not only better than our current forwards but better than 14/15 other teams as well.

2-- Everton have no money to waste on older players. We need to sign players whose value will increase.

3-- A couple of league posifions doesnt advocate spending money on a player whosd value will plummet.

4-- In no way is Kone a proven player. Whose to say next season for him wont be ths same as jelavic (who looked 500 times the player of kone when he arrived)

It's significant because its sadly our budget or specifically, what we will budget for a striker. How exactly has he missed the point? He's very much listed the many pros of Kone signing.
Ideally, we'd be buying Bony or Soldado, but we can't or won't. I can see that people would feel its cutting significantly into our budget, but we need a striker, we need options up front.

So now our entire budget is 5mil ? And we arent able to buy/sell other players either?

Heres a start -- weve let neville go for one, his wages...were apparently signing alcaraz (signing fee and wages) instead of perhaps promoting duffy....we could sell anichebe/naismith...

Any figures are not set in stone.

If the RS were signing him everyone on here would be laughing at them.

Here's the facts;

1-- We dont need to have a 5mil /10mil or 50mil player-- we need a player not only better than our current forwards but better than 14/15 other teams as well.

2-- Everton have no money to waste on older players. We need to sign players whose value will increase.

3-- A couple of league posifions doesnt advocate spending money on a player whosd value will plummet.

4-- In no way is Kone a proven player. Whose to say next season for him wont be ths same as jelavic (who looked 500 times the player of kone when he arrived)
Jelavic isn't that player at the moment and the forward department needs refreshing. For 5m we have an experienced, rather than ancient striker the manager knows and who has played in the league. We shouldn't worry about his value as much as we are, we should worry about what he does on the pitch. We've concerned ourselves far too much with resale value throughout Moyes tenure. Honestly, I'd love Conor Mcaleney pushing for a starting berth myself, but I can understand the logic behind Kone.

Here's the facts;

Rafael would be proud.

All jokes aside I think Kone is just a short-term signing mate. A bench option if nothing else. 5 mil seems a bit much but some would argue that Martinez knows the man and Kone would fit right in here.

Also, You said a couple of league positions doesn't justify buying Kone, if you meant that in terms of finishing 1 or 2 positions higher, then it totally is justified. 1 or 2 places higher for us this season would have meant we'd have been playing in Europe next year. Which is what Everton should be aiming to do every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back