The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a prediction based on nothing I'm afraid.

Go back and watch some of the games that Kone plays in last season for Wigan, he's what me miss up front.

Its not so much of a prediction but a point about his value / shelf life and ability to improve the team relative to his fee and wages.

We also miss a top centre midfielder alongside fellaini -- what kind of player would you like to see there?

You have no idea which players Martinez wants, neither does anyone else or me for that matter. Why don't you wait until the transfer window shuts to see which players he brings in.

So for you to say 'his taking the short-term option' makes absolutely no sense at all.

I havent said that, ive posed it as a question :)

Slip 3 places and lose 2mil...one year more and most of our team will be closer to retirement...

Striker who can perform right away and improve is what we need.

Sometimes mate, you cant have both. I can guarantee you right now mate, we would not find a player that would improve us for 5 million, has prem experience, knows the league and has all the attributes needed for the prem as well as being young. It doesn't happen for 5 million.

Surely a striker who could perform right away and improve would cost more than £5m in most cases? Can we afford to be spending the majority of our transfer fund on one player when we clearly need to strengthen in other areas?

Interesting question, I dont think we know the budget but i guess its small. That being said, he's allowed to buy/sell.

Rafael lol.

They are facts though...no escaping them!

Kone will never get us into top 4. Its like were buying him to stand still (like you say 5mil on a squad player)...we dont have money to waste!

Expecting a £5m player to single handedly get us into top 4 is ludicrous.

If he was 2 years younger he'd cost £10m easily.

Interesting question, I dont think we know the budget but i guess its small. That being said, he's allowed to buy/sell.

I think we need to accept that sometimes a compromise is needed. I prefer a long-term outlook when it comes to buying players, but if Kone can come in this season and give us the goal threat that we badly missed last season, it'll be worth it. And lets be honest, £5/6m isn't a lot of money for a striker at peak age.

1. Sadly mate we don't have the funds to rival most teams strikers we need to be looking at improving our own until we are able to afford that big player.

2. So is Distin a waste then mate? 'Cos where I'm sitting Distin is one of the best investments we made short term. Sometimes looking short term is more important than looking long term, which is exactly the same situation as Kone.

3. What does league position matter in this? Point on players value plummiting look at point 2. But if we talk like that then should we sell Baines now? His value will plummet soon due to his age, does that mean we have to get rid now? Deffo not in my opinion.

4. EVERY player in the world has a chance of flopping. That is why transfers are risky. Look at Torres, Look at Adebayor last season, look at Jelavic, and they are only a few examples off the top of my head. Mirallas may of flopped, we simply dont know. Every player has these risks and sometimes they come off (Mirallas) and sometimes now (Jelavic in his current form). Take away his goal scoring record for a second yeah? He has the attributes that we need. Strong, fast, can finish and can hold up the play to bring players like Mirallas in. He IS an improvement no matter what.

1-- look at villa (not kidding) their two forwards are class and signed for not out of this world money. Its a global market. 5mil cash + 50k a week would get Honda / or another player from overseas who must surely be on someones radar.

2-- Distin is a bit of an anomaly, he has the most appearances of any foreign player in england...loads of experience and consistency. We knew what we were paying for.

3-- Yes and no. It is relative to who we sign. With my heart no, but with my head his value as a left back would be double that of van ginkel or slightly more than strootman.

4-- if kone flops then how to offload him? Generally if a younger player flops then we can pretty much get his value back on a sale. Which is crucial for a club with no money.

Sometimes mate, you cant have both. I can guarantee you right now mate, we would not find a player that would improve us for 5 million, has prem experience, knows the league and has all the attributes needed for the prem as well as being young. It doesn't happen for 5 million.

If this is the case then martinez needs to sell someone like naismith and add that to the pot, anichebe/ jelavic if he thinks kone is better...then sign a player for more than 5mil.

Expecting a £5m player to single handedly get us into top 4 is ludicrous.

If he was 2 years younger he'd cost £10m easily.

I agree spending 5mil on a forward to get into top 4 is mental. Not sure why were doing that.

I dont rate him at 10mil...sevilla did i think and he didnt cover the transfer.

Edit - i think he cost 3.5mil a year ago so not close to 10.

I think we need to accept that sometimes a compromise is needed. I prefer a long-term outlook when it comes to buying players, but if Kone can come in this season and give us the goal threat that we badly missed last season, it'll be worth it. And lets be honest, £5/6m isn't a lot of money for a striker at peak age.

The sad news is that we dont usually buy players for 5mil and above...i think if we did they should have resale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back