The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think standing back form CL football is a bad thing. We will begin to fall behind and we always need to just push ourselves and see what happens. Last year the points we got would of been enough to get us 4th any other season, nearly our record points. Also without a few last minute goals such as Norwich, Newcastle and slip ups like Reading and QPR we would of got 4th, and with a gap. Were not miles away.

They key words you even used then are "What if". The question is asked by every fan, of every football club in this league when buying a player. Kone might flap massivly and be worse than Jelavic in which i will then come back and agree with you that he isn't up to it too much. But he could also score over 20 goals, you never know about that either, look at Michu.

The key point i have been trying to make for weeks is simply this... Lets not get on his back and see how he does. A LOT of us got Gibson wrong including me, i would of thought a lot of us would of learned our lessons like i have, not to judge a player before he even kicks a ball for us. Lets see where we are come the end of this season.

It's pretty much the logical thing you do, don't judge until you've seen him play. It's pretty simple really.

WHAT IF?

I agree, defence looks like this;

RB -- Coleman / Hibbert (?) --Stones
CB -- Jags/Distin/Heitinga/Duffy --Stones
LB -- Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt

For me the logical sales are Heitinga (huge wages) and Hibbert (but would him leaving damage morale).

Heitinga out-- duffy to 3rd choice and stones/garbutt off on loan with immediate recall clauses in case of injuries.

Would go a long way with me to see martinez giving game time to look at a potential future ;

Coleman--Stones--Duffy--Garbutt

Only one way to see if they can potentially make the grade.

Oh don't get me wrong mate, id like to see that back four too. I'd put Duffy over Alcaraz any day but i feel we need Alcaraz to boost our squad. We cannot forget we have let 3 players go and our squad was already the smallest in the prem before they left.

If he switches to 5 at the back then pienaar/mirallas come inside and we need 4 wing backs as well...

If stones and garbutt arent ready they need to be sent on loan with recall clauses in case of injuries.

Only one way to see if they are good enough and thats game time...stones seemed to have high potential and martinez tried to sign him for wigan....

3 centre backs could be interesting but we lack a top cenre midfielder to make it work and rely on stones/garbutt potentially as well.

Stones has got potential mate, just seen plenty of him since he's joined and whilst he looks a decent little player, don't think he's ready for first team football at all. We dont need another left back/wingback as we have Oviedo to cover Baines. Hibbert is covering Coleman, however Hibbert hates going forward with any real conviction. A centreback who could cover WBR / RB would be ideal.

I think standing back form CL football is a bad thing. We will begin to fall behind and we always need to just push ourselves and see what happens. Last year the points we got would of been enough to get us 4th any other season, nearly our record points. Also without a few last minute goals such as Norwich, Newcastle and slip ups like Reading and QPR we would of got 4th, and with a gap. Were not miles away.

They key words you even used then are "What if". The question is asked by every fan, of every football club in this league when buying a player. Kone might flap massivly and be worse than Jelavic in which i will then come back and agree with you that he isn't up to it too much. But he could also score over 20 goals, you never know about that either, look at Michu.

The key point i have been trying to make for weeks is simply this... Lets not get on his back and see how he does. A LOT of us got Gibson wrong including me, i would of thought a lot of us would of learned our lessons like i have, not to judge a player before he even kicks a ball for us. Lets see where we are come the end of this season.

Do you think he will do that on the pitch; after he has scored a goal?

Just asking..

For me, its not really about getting on peoples backs. I'd just be very disappointed if Martinez doesnt look to the future with at least a couple of signings...other than Wanyama (12mil) and Honda(talking with milan) everyone else linked are either around 30 / rubbish / short term.

Yeah its just paper talk so we have to wait and see what happens in reality....id like martinez use this 'global network' and show some balls.

For me, its not really about getting on peoples backs. I'd just be very disappointed if Martinez doesnt look to the future with at least a couple of signings...other than Wanyama (12mil) and Honda(talking with milan) everyone else linked are either around 30 / rubbish / short term.

Yeah its just paper talk so we have to wait and see what happens in reality....id like martinez use this 'global network' and show some balls.

What evidence is there - bar unreliable papers and twitter - that Martinez isn't currently using his 'global network'?

Rafael lol.

They are facts though...no escaping them!

Kone will never get us into top 4. Its like were buying him to stand still (like you say 5mil on a squad player)...we dont have money to waste!

The fact is mate, apart from our obvious need for a goal scorer. If you look at games like Arsenal away, Spurs away and Chelsea away it's clear that we kept falling short as we had no pace on the bench. You know, the classic Mirralas-Naismith switch that makes you want to kill someone. Alternatively, Kone could start and then we've got Vic and Jela. We really need to strengthen the squad in terms of depth and having alternatives, and Kone would fit that bill if not start himself.

What a load of rubbish.

How on earth could we afford to buy a player for £5 million for him then to sit on the bench. He would be currently our best option up front.

He's a proven goalscorer who would cost £5m (1 in 3, similar to Jelavic, but has pace and is capable of holding the ball up).

I don't get your other point about league positions. Baine's left foot said that if we dropped a few places we would lose money.

My post was a reply, mate. Read it in context and you'll probably understand it.

Anyway I think Kone would start here as well, I'm saying that at the very least he'd be a bench option. We do need more depth to the squad, create competition and have alternatives on the bench. So I'm saying that Kone isn't a bad signing, even if 5 mil appears too much.

What evidence is there - bar unreliable papers and twitter - that Martinez isn't currently using his 'global network'?

Well, if he is signing 4 players like he says and kone and alcaraz would be 2...

A GK would likely be a backup....so only 1 of 4 positions 25% 'may require' any actual scouting;

Who would be happy with;

Robles - loan..
Alcaraz - free.
Gerard - loan
Kone - 5mil..

???

Well, if he is signing 4 players like he says and kone and alcaraz would be 2...

A GK would likely be a backup....so only 1 of 4 positions 25% 'may require' any actual scouting;

Who would be happy with;

Robles - loan..
Alcaraz - free.
Gerard - loan
Kone - 5mil..

???

Who the fck is this Gerard you keep putting in the side?

Fcking bad kopite Glitter you lad.

What the people arguing over Kone's impact on the team forget is that Martinez will most definitely move Felli back to CM. In this way we will start to play into Jelavic's feet more, which was exactly the service he wasn't getting since all the play came through Felli with his back to goal last season. When we play the new system and get Jelavic involved more in the build up of play he will come back around. MARK MY WORDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back