The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jermaine Beckford's move from Leicester to Bolton nets Everton £800k

Not too much money. But every little helps for us.

Leicester still owe us from the initial move so the fee they are receiving goes straight to us.

would be happy with that only if we kept our best players and flogged heitinga, Gueye and jelavic and used the combined money to bring in a top class CM

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

Strootman Felliani Pienaar

Deulofeu Kone Mirallas

Remove kone for someone better and thats a strong side.

Jermaine Beckford's move from Leicester to Bolton nets Everton £800k

Not too much money. But every little helps for us.

Leicester still owe us from the initial move so the fee they are receiving goes straight to us.

How much did we sell him for again and how much is the % their selling to bolton for? Or is it 800k as they still owe us that?

Im confused and off to bed.

we have to get in youngsters with lots of potential simply because football is going through a talent boom. There hasn't been this many talented young players at the same time in a long time. I'm talking real talents that aren't being signed by big clubs because they are focused on getting in proven players or more hyped up youngsters.

Then there's the market of players that simply aren't fitting in at their clubs but also have loads of talent.

These are the talents we should be focusing a lot of our attention because its the only way we can match the top teams in the league.

I'm dissapointed by martinez's work so far. While kone is a good player and so is alcaraz, they are both players he's worked with before so he certainly isn't showing his intel on the big liberian market yet.

The opportunity is now and if we don't take it I don't know if this will happen again. Salah gomaah is the sort of footballer we should be trying to get over here. A player with real world class talent playing in a random league somewhere, who looks more than ready to make the step up and can be picked up for pocket change.

Since we're gonna be playing some pretty football next season its gonna make it easier for the more technical players to get into our team and adjust to the way we play.

we have to get in youngsters with lots of potential simply because football is going through a talent boom. There hasn't been this many talented young players at the same time in a long time. I'm talking real talents that aren't being signed by big clubs because they are focused on getting in proven players or more hyped up youngsters.

Then there's the market of players that simply aren't fitting in at their clubs but also have loads of talent.

These are the talents we should be focusing a lot of our attention because its the only way we can match the top teams in the league.

I'm dissapointed by martinez's work so far. While kone is a good player and so is alcaraz, they are both players he's worked with before so he certainly isn't showing his intel on the big liberian market yet.

The opportunity is now and if we don't take it I don't know if this will happen again. Salah gomaah is the sort of footballer we should be trying to get over here. A player with real world class talent playing in a random league somewhere, who looks more than ready to make the step up and can be picked up for pocket change.

Since we're gonna be playing some pretty football next season its gonna make it easier for the more technical players to get into our team and adjust to the way we play.

Interesting shout. Never heard of him or seen him play but he looks pretty good from the tube clips. If we were going young and Egyptian though I would want Mohamed Salah. Watched Basel play a decent amount this year and he is real good. Mirallas cutting in from the left and Salah from the right would be deadly.

Given beckford made most of his apps from the bench and came in for free from a lower league he really didn't do too badly. Scored a dozen or so goals, some of which were buets (Bolton Chelsea) then moved on for a profit.

Turning up late to a cup game asside, hold no bad memories about beckford. Was limited in his all round play (cough jelavic cough) but as a 3rd choice on the bench soley to come on when in need of a goal, IMO wouldn't of been the worse thing to have kept him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back