The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-- look at villa (not kidding) their two forwards are class and signed for not out of this world money. Its a global market. 5mil cash + 50k a week would get Honda / or another player from overseas who must surely be on someones radar.

2-- Distin is a bit of an anomaly, he has the most appearances of any foreign player in england...loads of experience and consistency. We knew what we were paying for.

3-- Yes and no. It is relative to who we sign. With my heart no, but with my head his value as a left back would be double that of van ginkel or slightly more than strootman.

4-- if kone flops then how to offload him? Generally if a younger player flops then we can pretty much get his value back on a sale. Which is crucial for a club with no money.

1. Players like Benteke and Michu etc are once in a blue moon signings. You get them now and then, ours was Mirallas. Its unlikely we can get another bargain like them.

2. He is, but whats to say Kone cannot go on to do the same, especially from learning from someone like him? Age is but a number, if he bags 10-15 each season until he retires at us, he would easily be worth that 5 million, just as Distin was.

3. Yes, we would get money for Baines, but then we are left short of quality. I would much rather keep him until he retired and lost out on that 20 mil or so. Yes its 20 mil, but he is more valuable for us than he is valuable in terms of transfer value.

4. If he flopped i'm certain we would get 4 million at least, if he scored double figures at us, then id say we would be able to sell him for say 7 million? I know we dont have much money, but losing 2-3 million at the worst will not send us into administration, everyone loses money, including us.

I agree spending 5mil on a forward to get into top 4 is mental. Not sure why were doing that.

I dont rate him at 10mil...sevilla did i think and he didnt cover the transfer.

Edit - i think he cost 3.5mil a year ago so not close to 10.

You're making very little sense.

He's also been described as a "young" 29.
It's a sensible signing, really. It's not one to really get the pulse quickening, but the more I think about it, the more I like the logic behind it.

He's been described as a young 29 due to hin doing his cruciate i think and reporters asking if its going to affect the length of time he can play on for.

Hes not likely to say 'yeah hes an injury worry' before signing him....at the same time he probably believes it himself but theres a reason he was available for 3.5mil last year

The sad news is that we dont usually buy players for 5mil and above...i think if we did they should have resale.

We paid over £5m for Distin and he was 31 at the time. He's more than repaid his fee. The honest truth is we can't always have the best of both worlds, and this is probably one of those occasions.

You're making very little sense.

You said its mad to think we can expect to pay 5mil for a forward to shoot us into the champs league.

I agree....paying 5mil for THIS forward i dont expect champs league.

Paying 5mil for another forward probably the same bar a miracle-- 5mil then isnt a number we should be spending...6/7/8 mil...sell a player on the fringers aka naismith and add that to the pot perhaps....its not FM but hes allowed to play the market.

The sad news is that we dont usually buy players for 5mil and above...i think if we did they should have resale.

What would you rather mate, were on the cusp of possibly CL football if we strengthened well and pushed like last season, would you rather a goalscorer now that we know can score goals and would be a short term option to try and give us a push. Or would you rather a younger kid around 23 or something that doesn't know the league and would come good in 2-3 years when CL or even Europa football is out of our reach? Because i can guarantee you now, the latter would not score as many goals.

Heres an interesting question;

On the back of duffys 1st team performances does he deserve a chance?

Personally i would offload heitinga (saving wages) and promote duffy to 3rd choice with stones 4th choice and competing with hibbert to cover for coleman.

This to me makes more sense than signing alcaraz (signing on fee/wages) and gives younger players valuable game time.

Personally i would offload heitinga (saving wages) and promote duffy to 3rd choice with stones 4th choice and competing with hibbert to cover for coleman.

This to me makes more sense than signing alcaraz (signing on fee/wages) and gives younger players valuable game time.

Yeah, I mean on the surface bringing in a proven international like alzaraz makes sense, but honestly I'd rather we just use duffy and stones, instead.

If we're bringing in players i want them to be first teamers and just use the kids if we need squad numbers.

1. Players like Benteke and Michu etc are once in a blue moon signings. You get them now and then, ours was Mirallas. Its unlikely we can get another bargain like them.

2. He is, but whats to say Kone cannot go on to do the same, especially from learning from someone like him? Age is but a number, if he bags 10-15 each season until he retires at us, he would easily be worth that 5 million, just as Distin was.

3. Yes, we would get money for Baines, but then we are left short of quality. I would much rather keep him until he retired and lost out on that 20 mil or so. Yes its 20 mil, but he is more valuable for us than he is valuable in terms of transfer value.

4. If he flopped i'm certain we would get 4 million at least, if he scored double figures at us, then id say we would be able to sell him for say 7 million? I know we dont have much money, but losing 2-3 million at the worst will not send us into administration, everyone loses money, including us.

What would you rather mate, were on the cusp of possibly CL football if we strengthened well and pushed like last season, would you rather a goalscorer now that we know can score goals and would be a short term option to try and give us a push. Or would you rather a younger kid around 23 or something that doesn't know the league and would come good in 2-3 years when CL or even Europa football is out of our reach? Because i can guarantee you now, the latter would not score as many goals.

Thats weird, i can only see your 2nd quote until i pressed reply....

1-- True....who dares wins. As long as theyre young.

2-- i cant see him hitting 15. Personal opinion.

3-- Again its 'what if' what if we used the cssh on strootman(however unrealistic) and he and fellaini dominated midfields? We dont know....if we used it on 3 benteke-esque gambles one could come off and we make our money back + have 2 other assets

4-- 7mil seems high for a then close to 31 year old scoring 10 goals. It wouldnt put us into administration but doubt it will help us.

I think champs league is a pipe dream now. The team has had its chance...i think we should step back and rebuild the team. Sadly most of the players if sold wouldnt generate enough cash in transfers to even purchase young players with potential.

I'd like martinez to come in with a broom and offload a few and bring a few in-- nothing too drastic but 2/3 out and a few in. But a freshness and forward thinking dynamic on the side

Stones isn't ready.

If we're going to change to a 3 cb system then we need 4 centrebacks, so if Heitinga went we'd need a 4th CB.

Yeah, I mean on the surface bringing in a proven international like alzaraz makes sense, but honestly I'd rather we just use duffy and stones, instead.

If we're bringing in players i want them to be first teamers and just use the kids if we need squad numbers.

I agree, defence looks like this;

RB -- Coleman / Hibbert (?) --Stones
CB -- Jags/Distin/Heitinga/Duffy --Stones
LB -- Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt

For me the logical sales are Heitinga (huge wages) and Hibbert (but would him leaving damage morale).

Heitinga out-- duffy to 3rd choice and stones/garbutt off on loan with immediate recall clauses in case of injuries.

Would go a long way with me to see martinez giving game time to look at a potential future ;

Coleman--Stones--Duffy--Garbutt

Only one way to see if they can potentially make the grade.

Thats weird, i can only see your 2nd quote until i pressed reply....

1-- True....who dares wins. As long as theyre young.

2-- i cant see him hitting 15. Personal opinion.

3-- Again its 'what if' what if we used the cssh on strootman(however unrealistic) and he and fellaini dominated midfields? We dont know....if we used it on 3 benteke-esque gambles one could come off and we make our money back + have 2 other assets

4-- 7mil seems high for a then close to 31 year old scoring 10 goals. It wouldnt put us into administration but doubt it will help us.

I think champs league is a pipe dream now. The team has had its chance...i think we should step back and rebuild the team. Sadly most of the players if sold wouldnt generate enough cash in transfers to even purchase young players with potential.

I'd like martinez to come in with a broom and offload a few and bring a few in-- nothing too drastic but 2/3 out and a few in. But a freshness and forward thinking dynamic on the side

I think standing back form CL football is a bad thing. We will begin to fall behind and we always need to just push ourselves and see what happens. Last year the points we got would of been enough to get us 4th any other season, nearly our record points. Also without a few last minute goals such as Norwich, Newcastle and slip ups like Reading and QPR we would of got 4th, and with a gap. Were not miles away.

They key words you even used then are "What if". The question is asked by every fan, of every football club in this league when buying a player. Kone might flap massivly and be worse than Jelavic in which i will then come back and agree with you that he isn't up to it too much. But he could also score over 20 goals, you never know about that either, look at Michu.

The key point i have been trying to make for weeks is simply this... Lets not get on his back and see how he does. A LOT of us got Gibson wrong including me, i would of thought a lot of us would of learned our lessons like i have, not to judge a player before he even kicks a ball for us. Lets see where we are come the end of this season.

Stones isn't ready.

If we're going to change to a 3 cb system then we need 4 centrebacks, so if Heitinga went we'd need a 4th CB.

If he switches to 5 at the back then pienaar/mirallas come inside and we need 4 wing backs as well...

If stones and garbutt arent ready they need to be sent on loan with recall clauses in case of injuries.

Only one way to see if they are good enough and thats game time...stones seemed to have high potential and martinez tried to sign him for wigan....

3 centre backs could be interesting but we lack a top cenre midfielder to make it work and rely on stones/garbutt potentially as well.

I agree, defence looks like this;

RB -- Coleman / Hibbert (?) --Stones
CB -- Jags/Distin/Heitinga/Duffy --Stones
LB -- Baines/Oviedo/Garbutt

For me the logical sales are Heitinga (huge wages) and Hibbert (but would him leaving damage morale).

Heitinga out-- duffy to 3rd choice and stones/garbutt off on loan with immediate recall clauses in case of injuries.

Would go a long way with me to see martinez giving game time to look at a potential future ;

Coleman--Stones--Duffy--Garbutt

Only one way to see if they can potentially make the grade.

Stones is more of a right back mate. Could cover CB in an emergancy but good on the ball as a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back