The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you never know, plenty of players over the years not done much then come good change of manager club ect, hope you right in this case as i like his effort if nothing much else,

Joking aside, it's rather disheartening to hear we may have turned down offers going on last season's performances, but maybe he was out of accord with what was being asked of him, 'cos he's got a bit to offer us, hopefully more than we currently anticipate :)

Joking aside, it's rather disheartening to hear we may have turned down offers going on last season's performances, but maybe he was out of accord with what was being asked of him, 'cos he's got a bit to offer us, hopefully more than we currently anticipate :)

Totally stupid if true.

No one is asking for us to sign Messi, we're asking the club to show a bit of ambition ffs. Norwich, Swansea, Southampton all throwing money around and we can't shall we just accept that? Really decent season is a bit much, he scored 11 goals and turns 30 in November, he's a terrible signing and if the other names being thrown around are true then we're in for an underwhelming transfer window.

Hes not a 'terrible' signing, for 5m we are getting a striker better than what we have got, if Kone and Alcaraz signings are followed by signing younger players then I will be happy.

No one is asking for us to sign Messi, we're asking the club to show a bit of ambition ffs. Norwich, Swansea, Southampton all throwing money around and we can't shall we just accept that? Really decent season is a bit much, he scored 11 goals and turns 30 in November, he's a terrible signing and if the other names being thrown around are true then we're in for an underwhelming transfer window.

Are you not aware that the papers chat absolute b0llocks mate!? We were linked with bloody Joseph Yobo the other day!

Just because some lazy journo who hasnt got a clue about evertons transfer dealings puts 2 and 2 together and says were signing Titus Bramble doesnt mean he's Martinez's top target

Just have a bit of patience and see who we actually sign, rather than fuming about who we're 'linked' with

Ok why is kone a terrible signing lets go off the KOPITES for a start
They have signed aspas is he better than Suarez no Alberto is he better than coutinio no toure is he better than agger no minoulet is he better than reina no so that's 20 million spent with little improvement to there first team now everton buy kone is he better than jelavic and anichibe yes tbh so 5 mill and we're already a little stronger

Ok why is kone a terrible signing lets go off the KOPITES for a start
They have signed aspas is he better than Suarez no Alberto is he better than coutinio no toure is he better than agger no minoulet is he better than reina no so that's 20 million spent with little improvement to there first team now everton buy kone is he better than jelavic and anichibe yes tbh so 5 mill and we're already a little stronger

But don't you think that £5m could be better spent elsewhere? £5m towards a larger sum for a better player than this 29-year-old?

Are you not aware that the papers chat absolute b0llocks mate!? We were linked with bloody Joseph Yobo the other day!

Just because some lazy journo who hasnt got a clue about evertons transfer dealings puts 2 and 2 together and says were signing Titus Bramble doesnt mean he's Martinez's top target

Just have a bit of patience and see who we actually sign, rather than fuming about who we're 'linked' with
To be fair to them they were bang on with the interest in Kone and Alcaraz.

Also how is Kone better than Jelavic? He's had one year here and look how many strikers have failed off in the past.

If you take their careers so far as a whole, the're probably at the same level

Jelavic 84 goals in 224 games
Kone 106 in 294 games

Last edited:
I would personally be more optimistic about signing Charlie Austin than Kone.

Yes I know what some will say, Austin is a risk as he's never played in the Premier League whereas Kone is "proven".

Each to their own obviously, but rather than a 30 year old who has "proven" he can hit a massive 11 goals in 30 odd games, I'd be more intrigued to see what 24 year old Austin can do in the top flight for a reported 4.5 million.

He may turn out Crap who knows, but he's done very well at Burnley and he MAY do well in the Premier League.

For that kind of money, Austin would be a more interesting signing for me.

How many did our forwards score last season, playing in a vastly superior side than Wigan again??

If Kone can score 11/12 for Wigan, he should get more for us as we have better players and will hopefully play good footy under RM. not sure what the fuss is about.

We have no money without sales, so what can he do?

Also how is Kone better than Jelavic? He's had one year here and look how many strikers have failed off in the past.

Is jelavic quick strong and can run at defenders no everyone is looking into this age thing to much I think he will a distin type player playing at the top level when he's 34 - 35

Kone is not going to improve the team in any way shape or form...i dont know why people keep saying he will.

How many did our forwards score last season, playing in a vastly superior side than Wigan again??

If Kone can score 11/12 for Wigan, he should get more for us as we have better players and will hopefully play good footy under RM. not sure what the fuss is about.

We have no money without sales, so what can he do?

If he can score 11/12 for Wigan, just imagine how many he can score for Sevilla!

Oh wait :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back