The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martines will have to prove himself, he is not a Moyes coming to Everton from PNE when Everton were fighting relegation, he is coming to a Top 6 team, anything bellow top 7 will be a failure, him signing Wigan players put more pressure on his shoulders too
I don’t think he is thinking much about building the future for now, he first has the next season to prove himself and then he can look forward, adding Joel, Alcaraz and Kone to our current squad for 6M in total is a good business, and I expect Kone to surprise us all

Oh come on, hes just claimed that "WE" the Everton fans, are better placed than Martinez, the Everton Manager to determine whats best for Everton.

Im 99% sure Martinez has watched every game we played last Season and probably a few after that, if he hasnt and hes not sacked within the hour, I wanna know why.

You honestly think he's watched 76 hrs of tape of everton matches from last season since we hired him? Really? That's a lot of football combined with him trying to sort out transfers I doubt it happened.

Incase you haven't realised managers don't always know best. That's why after Wenger, moyes, SAF there wasn't a manager who had kept a job for over 2 years in the league. Yes some move on to better things but the majority gets fired.

Some fans don't know better than martinez what's needed at the team but some do. He isn't some football god you know.

I'm willing to see how it goes but the early signs aren't good IMO.

You honestly think he's watched 76 hrs of tape of everton matches from last season since we hired him? Really? That's a lot of football combined with him trying to sort out transfers I doubt it happened.

Incase you haven't realised managers don't always know best. That's why after Wenger, moyes, SAF there wasn't a manager who had kept a job for over 2 years in the league. Yes some move on to better things but the majority gets fired.

Some fans don't know better than martinez what's needed at the team but some do. He isn't some football god you know.

They are football managers for a reason mate.

Are you a football manager mate?

The man has been in charge for six whole days.

The club, from what we're told, doesn't have a pot to p*ss in or a window to throw it out of. Can we all let Martinez manage a game or two before burning him at the stake?

I don't know why we haven't approached McManaman instead of Kone. I would've thought McManaman would have age on his side, vast potential and would probably be available for the same price. Kone has one thing he hasn't experience and maybe that's what Everton need right now. I trust in Martinez and he knows these players best. Just wondered why not McManaman?

Martinez thinks it would be better for him to play a year in the championship. He's only had a brief spell last season so he probably caught alot of clubs off guard.

unfortunately we have a pretty wigan 'esque' transfer budget!

Again, some people will call it lazy but hes been in the job a week and is turning to players he knows. Alcaraz on a free, Kone was always gonna be his first signing and if we are going back to Athletico Madrid for Robles then im happy enough that Martinez done his research on young keepers before he signed him on loan for wigan.

Honestly the amount of kids who play fifa and football manager and think they are chief global scouts or top european mahagers is laughable.

On lad somewhere said we know more about football and everton than our manager! **** me its a joke. Wonder how many on here have got any level of coaching badge never mind a UEFA pro license? anyone?

Jesus wept, everton havent kicked a ball this preseason and were all doomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back