The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incase you haven't realised managers don't always know best. That's why after Wenger, moyes, SAF there wasn't a manager who had kept a job for over 2 years in the league. Yes some move on to better things but the majority gets fired.

Martinez was four years at Wigan.....and left of his own accord......

I think taking everything into account the rumoured 3 from Wigan are smart signings. Robles if true is a back up cheap keeper and unless Howard gets a big injury is not gonna really matter. I also wouldn't say it's nailed on we will go for him, if we do after working with him for a year I'd say Martinez knows if he's suitable for the role or not.

Alcaraz, on a free is again a good bit of business. Moyes constantly said we were 1 short at CB, hence Duffy having to sit around as fourth choice which is not ideal. Whilst I don't expect RM to play a back 3, I'm sure he may at times and bringing in a player who is comfy on the ball and used to the formation is a worthy addition. Heitinga will move on and I still expect him to be replaced with another CB too. I expect that signing will be more of a name were all happy with and will probably be distin's replacement more so than alcaraz.

Kone is a interesting one and if it was moyes bringing him in this summer people wouldn't be questioning it as much. Again after scouting him and working with him for a year I'm sure Martinez knows the player well. He's signed him for the here and now, to score the goals we were missing. 5M really is nothing for a striker really. Although I wanted a bigger name,we really don't know whether he's the main signing up there or a replacement for jelavic. Finances maybe dictating this one, if so can't see really anymore RM could of done with 5M.

IMO I think he's squad building at the moment, with limited cash! If he ends up spending 6M to bring in 3 squad players that will improve our squad and plug a few holes that's not bad. There will be more important signings to come I'm sure, mainly in CM and out wide and maybe even another striker. These will be the ones to judge him on more IMO

I think taking everything into account the rumoured 3 from Wigan are smart signings. Robles if true is a back up cheap keeper and unless Howard gets a big injury is not gonna really matter. I also wouldn't say it's nailed on we will go for him, if we do after working with him for a year I'd say Martinez knows if he's suitable for the role or not.

Alcaraz, on a free is again a good bit of business. Moyes constantly said we were 1 short at CB, hence Duffy having to sit around as fourth choice which is not ideal. Whilst I don't expect RM to play a back 3, I'm sure he may at times and bringing in a player who is comfy on the ball and used to the formation is a worthy addition. Heitinga will move on and I still expect him to be replaced with another CB too. I expect that signing will be more of a name were all happy with and will probably be distin's replacement more so than alcaraz.

Kone is a interesting one and if it was moyes bringing him in this summer people wouldn't be questioning it as much. Again after scouting him and working with him for a year I'm sure Martinez knows the player well. He's signed him for the here and now, to score the goals we were missing. 5M really is nothing for a striker really. Although I wanted a bigger name,we really don't know whether he's the main signing up there or a replacement for jelavic. Finances maybe dictating this one, if so can't see really anymore RM could of done with 5M.

IMO I think he's squad building at the moment, with limited cash! If he ends up spending 6M to bring in 3 squad players that will improve our squad and plug a few holes that's not bad. There will be more important signings to come I'm sure, mainly in CM and out wide and maybe even another striker. These will be the ones to judge him on more IMO

Yeah, who'd have thought that he'd have had to sell players to buy when we're getting another £25-30M in club revenue?

Something wrong somewhere.

An utter disgrace.

This transfer windiow is alarming. I can easily see a situation now arising where we get these two Wigan players in and lose either Baines or Fellaini (or both) late in the window and only spend half of what's received on players replacing them.

And anyone who's got any sense will accept that those fears are well grounded.

Robles / Gerard may both be on loan I imagine....cheap low cost.

Your point about being another centre back short and then mentioning Duffy, I want to see Duffy 3rd choice so this Alcaraz chap doesn't make much sense to me,

Kone -- if moyes signed him I would have been calling for his head... Martinez I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, who'd have thought that he'd have had to sell players to buy when we're getting another £25-30M in club revenue?

An utter disgrace.

This transfer windiow is alarming. I can easily see a situation now arising where we get these two Wigan players in and lose either Baines or Fellaini (or both) late in the window and only spend half of what's received on players replacing them.

I agree, very alarming if this is the case but tbf we can't judge until sept. We don't know what funds we have or don't have. We don't know for what reasons kone is signed for....could be our main striker or could be to replace jelavic and were working on a bigger deal....We're just speculating currently.

I'd imagine we don't want/plan to sell Fellaini but maybe can't move until we're confident on what's happening with him? Maybe Fer and Honda our targets currently but a Fellaini sales would change that to strootman or wayame.....

Not stating any of this is the case but I think it's a bit early in the window to drink the bleach. Specially for a club like us I imagine the window is a game of chance we have to play, other deals set the wheels in motion for further deals. Lots of games being played by different clubs etc...

Annoying as it is, patience is key and we'll have to see where we are come September.
And have the bleach on hand at the ready just in case!

An utter disgrace.

I agree it is concerning how we can be so poor for so long. It's not like we're paying for a big blow out in the transfer market a year or two back.

We've kept a "tight ship" now for donkeys years, and still the debt doesn't reduce and the transfer kitty remains bare.

Interesting reading that Norwich have made a 6 million bid for N'Doye and they're now spending big because the new TV money has "wiped out their debt".

Norwich don't get big crowds, haven't got rich backers or board members, and haven't got any kind of major sponsorship but are now splashing big money.

It's difficult to accept seeing the likes of Swansea unveil Wilfried Bony today for 12 million, West Ham signing Carroll for 15, and Norwich signing Wolfswinkel for 8 and making bids for others while we're still playing the skint card.

Something isn't right somewhere.

Robles / Gerard may both be on loan I imagine....cheap low cost.

Your point about being another centre back short and then mentioning Duffy, I want to see Duffy 3rd choice so this Alcaraz chap doesn't make much sense to me,

Kone -- if moyes signed him I would have been calling for his head... Martinez I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

You've got a shock to come mate if you think Duffy is the answer. He has flaws to be a modern day CB. He has strengths of course as we saw in his few apps in that injury crisis but top 6-4 CB...I'm afraid he is not.

Would love him to prove me wrong like, we'v not seen enough of him to write him off completely, same as not seen enough to claim he's good enough. Really needs a season out on loan. If alcaraz signing allows for that then great!

You've got a shock to come mate if you think Duffy is the answer. He has flaws to be a modern day CB. He has strengths of course as we saw in his few apps in that injury crisis but top 6-4 CB...I'm afraid he is not.

Would love him to prove me wrong like, we'v not seen enough of him to write him off completely, same as not seen enough to claim he's good enough. Really needs a season out on loan. If alcaraz signing allows for that then great!

How many man of the match awards did he get though during that time ?

I agree, very alarming if this is the case but tbf we can't judge until sept. We don't know what funds we have or don't have. We don't know for what reasons kone is signed for....could be our main striker or could be to replace jelavic and were working on a bigger deal....We're just speculating currently.

I'd imagine we don't want/plan to sell Fellaini but maybe can't move until we're confident on what's happening with him? Maybe Fer and Honda our targets currently but a Fellaini sales would change that to strootman or wayame.....

Not stating any of this is the case but I think it's a bit early in the window to drink the bleach. Specially for a club like us I imagine the window is a game of chance we have to play, other deals set the wheels in motion for further deals. Lots of games being played by different clubs etc...

Annoying as it is, patience is key and we'll have to see where we are come September.
And have the bleach on hand at the ready just in case!

That time becomes very compressed with upcoming pre-season games at one end and the season's opening fixtures at the other. We need to get weaving here but it's clear Martinez cant move decisively for anyone.

There should be a policy in place that says that mid-July is the last chance for any release clauses to apply and thereafter the price on Fellaini's head goes up £5M from that point on. The Baines thing will drag on if the Fellaini situation isn't sorted asap (we all know he'll go, but late in the window is no good for us).

All told though, selling to buy as a policy for a club 6th in the Pl and just receiving tens of millions of pounds to operate with is a disgrace that needs shouting from the rooftops. If it's the case that by end of August we have a negative net spend (as I 100% expect) then that's an alarming indication that the club is rotten to the core.

An utter disgrace.

As I keep pointing out to you, the increased TV cash doesn't land this summer.

So, you're obviously 'outraged' by your assumption (as it's still early July) that the club won't borrow against this guaranteed future income now, to fund a spending spree this window. So, you're basically hacked off that we've not run up fresh debt, which I'm certain if I care to vault your post history, would be an area where you've had many a pop at the current incumbents over - not least the annual renewable loan that currently sits with Vibrac, which was a loan taken out for exactly the same purpose that you're now labelling an "utter disgrace" that they've not yet repeated with the new wave of TV cash.....lol.

Davek is more than correct. This guaranteed TV money should give us the freedom to be getting a few players in, it'll be criminal if we don't use at least some of it this summer - what's the bet that we have a nominal net spend and our debts haven't been reduced substantially next year? In addition we've lost some really big earners off the payroll in the last couple of windows.

There's still plenty of time to go in the window and there'll be players coming available as other teams bring new players in - City, Chelsea and Spurs will continue to buy so players like Lescott, Siguurdsson, Moses and potentially Milner might decide they want to move on. Not rushing into things isn't popular but could be a wise move. I'm just hoping this will happen rather than we bring in a couple of squad players for next to nothing and a least part of the TV money isn't used in the way it should - ensuring we have a side capable of competing!

Martinez has only been in the job a week...Jeeez let him get his desk re-arranged first.

We haven't the money other clubs have got , so I would prefer time taken to get the right players in and not spunk what we have on a panic buy.

But hey what do I know about the financial transfer wheeling and dealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back