The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is annoying is that Norwich City yes Norwich City are signalling their intent on staying in the Prem and if not a top 10 finish. Now being linked with Toby Alderweireld. They already have Van Wolfsinkel signed, Fer could follow and who do we play 1st game of the season.

i dont think anyone will match fellainis release clause, maybe on the transfer deadline day but not before then.

don't get me wrong he's good but he's not consistant enough for top teams to spend £24 million on him.

Mate, it's an internet forum where all blues give their opinions, on the blues.

But I'm commenting on people who aren't giving their opinion on the blues rather actually believing they could do a better job than a manager which in my opinion is a bit silly.

It's not all about making formations and signing players.

What is annoying is that Norwich City yes Norwich City are signalling their intent on staying in the Prem and if not a top 10 finish. Now being linked with Toby Alderweireld. They already have Van Wolfsinkel signed, Fer could follow and who do we play 1st game of the season.
Agreed and it's pretty disheartening to be honest. Don't forget picking up Redmond for a song too. They're showing ambition along with a few others so fair play to them.

Norwich away has been tough since they came up anyway but it looks like this time will be even harder.

On the plus side, at least Grant Holt won't be there!

i dont think anyone will match fellainis release clause, maybe on the transfer deadline day but not before then.

Speculation suggests the clause expires on the 15th August. Makes sense as anyone coming in after then leaves us little time to spend.

We've always sold our big players in the last week of August so Kenwright can say there was little time to reinvest the money only for it then to disappear.

don't get me wrong he's good but he's not consistant enough for top teams to spend £24 million on him.
Agreed. I'm sure plenty of clubs have put the feelers out, but when push comes to shove I'm not convinced anyone will back that up with hard cash. Not the amount needed anyway.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing for us? I'm not sure really.
Good player, but with the money from his sale you could pick up two.

If Fellaini left and with the money we brought Wanyama and Victor Moses, would we be stronger or weaker?

Agreed. I'm sure plenty of clubs have put the feelers out, but when push comes to shove I'm not convinced anyone will back that up with hard cash. Not the amount needed anyway.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing for us? I'm not sure really.
Good player, but with the money from his sale you could pick up two.

If Fellaini left and with the money we brought Wanyama and Victor Moses, would we be stronger or weaker?

If Baines stays, stronger.

this is what my mate always says and I understand what he means now.
Fellaini is class but has/will anyone actually bid for him? I don't think so.

Good, I hope they don't. I'm more than happy to keep Fellaini then just add a little more to CM. There's players and deals out there to be had that won't cost the earth which would also improve our first 11. Honda at 5M is a prime example! Lescott at 4/5M, Donovan free, Sinclair loan maybe Moses loan...

I'd be more than happy to keep our best and try build on that rather than shipping out to buy replacements.

They are football managers for a reason mate.

Are you a football manager mate?
Most of them are managers because they played football. Thus have connections and those connections developed in their playing days have allowed them to have the career they have.

If they were half as good at their job as you think they are they wouldn't be getting fired ever second week.

No I'm not a manager but an avid football fan and I can tell you now that I watch more of this sport than martinez himself. I've got a deep understanding of the game and players. Sure I'll never work in the industry but its something I love so won't stop following it. To think that a man that's only been here 6 days knows more about what our team needs than me who's watched us season in season out is ludicrous to me.

I think that both players who are linked with a move won't go because theres simply not enough interest in Fellaini . United don't want city don't want Chelsea don't want spurs don't want . Arsenal and the Russian clubs are the only teams who could be interested but arsenal will not pay up so we won't sell . My logic would be to get rid of heitinga and gueye . Bring in kone alcaraz Joel the barca kid and Honda . That way we have strengthened without huge losses . Give Fellaini another year and if he can perform at a high consistent level then we could get 30m plus next season because the clause would be over

Most of them are managers because they played football. Thus have connections and those connections developed in their playing days have allowed them to have the career they have.

If they were half as good at their job as you think they are they wouldn't be getting fired ever second week.

No I'm not a manager but an avid football fan and I can tell you now that I watch more of this sport than martinez himself. I've got a deep understanding of the game and players. Sure I'll never work in the industry but its something I love so won't stop following it. To think that a man that's only been here 6 days knows more about what our team needs than me who's watched us season in season out is ludicrous to me.

But if Martinez is playing a completely different style to what you've been watching in recent seasons then you can't possibly know what is needed more than Martinez himself.

I think that both players who are linked with a move won't go because theres simply not enough interest in Fellaini . United don't want city don't want Chelsea don't want spurs don't want . Arsenal and the Russian clubs are the only teams who could be interested but arsenal will not pay up so we won't sell . My logic would be to get rid of heitinga and gueye . Bring in kone alcaraz Joel the barca kid and Honda . That way we have strengthened without huge losses . Give Fellaini another year and if he can perform at a high consistent level then we could get 30m plus next season because the clause would be over

Makes perfect sense that, lets wait for the 23.5 million clause to be over so we can buy him at 30 million.

Agreed and it's pretty disheartening to be honest. Don't forget picking up Redmond for a song too. They're showing ambition along with a few others so fair play to them.

Norwich away has been tough since they came up anyway but it looks like this time will be even harder.

On the plus side, at least Grant Holt won't be there!

Selling Holt to Wigan by looks of it, Vaughan, Jackson & Morison all gone, so you would assume that possibly the Toivonen deal is close for them, they want Dame N'Doye aswell as already having van Wolfswinkel!.

Norwich arent hanging about this summer, they've got cash to splash due to being run correctly and clearing all debts in time for this years new TV money coming in!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back