The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard this argument over the last dozen years,we are falling behind.......(insert cubs name) due to lack of spending,lack of ambition etc.
Yet,the ambition of most of these clubs is to get to where Everton already are.

Now,we have a new manager and because of this we don't know what to expect,but that doesn't make our players beeter or worse.
If we keep Fellaini ,Baines and all the others while adding Kone and Alcaraz at least ,it's good business.
If either is sold we will see the money being reinvested in more players.

I think Martinez is bringing in players first that he knows can do a job.
I think later we may see the addition of an unknown or two that he will hope to turn into premiership standard footballer.

Makes perfect sense that, lets wait for the 23.5 million clause to be over so we can buy him at 30 million.

You do realise that key word was if he can perform at a high consistent level then we might be able to get more than his clause because he would show his quality . That's why teams won't pay the amount now because they haven't seen enough quality . Next season if he shows he can do it then people will be more willing to buy him so take your sarcastic remarks elsewhere you idiot

What is annoying is that Norwich City yes Norwich City are signalling their intent on staying in the Prem and if not a top 10 finish. Now being linked with Toby Alderweireld. They already have Van Wolfsinkel signed, Fer could follow and who do we play 1st game of the season.

you have to remember that squads like norwich are in reality championship squads and on championship wages.
when they come up to the prem they have scope for growth. ie increased income and more money for better transfers and wages . after a few seasons they will reach there optimum spending capability and will have to weal deal/chop and change like us to get the big signings.

everton as a prem regular are already at there optimum spending ability and wages. players leave so we can give improved contracts to improving players , top players/earners leave so we can afford to replace them with other top wages/quality players.

teams like arsenal man utd chelsea man city ,dont have the same restraints as most of the prem and can afford to get big players without selling due to there successes.

You do realise that key word was if he can perform at a high consistent level then we might be able to get more than his clause because he would show his quality . That's why teams won't pay the amount now because they haven't seen enough quality . Next season if he shows he can do it then people will be more willing to buy him so take your sarcastic remarks elsewhere you idiot

What do you achieve by calling him an idiot? I would rather read his sarcastic remarks than read your insults towards a fellow blue. If you think somebody will pay 30 million for Fellaini because he has another good season fair enough but its obvious that he has his concerns, so insults are just pointless and nobody wants to read them.

oh and everton havn't fallen behind due to lack of spending or lack of investment from the boards own pockets (of late )
everton have fallen behind due to bad financial decisions and poor business skills since the day bk took over.
the investment should have been injected into the company from the start of the bk era , it wasnt and instead we have been constantly been playing catch up and chasing our money due to loan repayments and poor/total lack of expansion of the clubs lines of revenue and assets.
asking 'why aint the board investing ?' is over 10 years too late.

On the off chance Martinez will read this

Please sack off Alcaraz and give the slot to Duffy

PLEASE!!!

He may take Heitingas spot...

Got to remember too, its a different manager with a different mindset. he may like to shake things up a bit more than Moyes did so fringe players may get more of a chance.

Most of them are managers because they played football. Thus have connections and those connections developed in their playing days have allowed them to have the career they have.

If they were half as good at their job as you think they are they wouldn't be getting fired ever second week.

No I'm not a manager but an avid football fan and I can tell you now that I watch more of this sport than martinez himself. I've got a deep understanding of the game and players. Sure I'll never work in the industry but its something I love so won't stop following it. To think that a man that's only been here 6 days knows more about what our team needs than me who's watched us season in season out is ludicrous to me.

Yowzers

oh and everton havn't fallen behind due to lack of spending or lack of investment from the boards own pockets (of late )
everton have fallen behind due to bad financial decisions and poor business skills since the day bk took over.
the investment should have been injected into the company from the start of the bk era , it wasnt and instead we have been constantly been playing catch up and chasing our money due to loan repayments and poor/total lack of expansion of the clubs lines of revenue and assets.
asking 'why aint the board investing ?' is over 10 years too late.

We were buried as soon as Gregg's plan for that KD Stadium was knocked back by Kenwright with Woods and Carter's connivance. That was the last great opportunity and it was turned down because Kenwright wanted to stay in charge.

They've gone for a policy of zero investment and maximum borrowing...add that to a commercial operation that the term clown shoes is actually a compliment to and you get the almighty mess we have today where tens of millions heaped onto the club is going to make no difference and we'll remain in, at best, a sell to buy mode.

They should be beaten with sticks and chased out of town.

He may take Heitingas spot...

Yeah, but that's the point isn't it. The 4th CB rarely gets much time (see duffy), the question is whether our first back up is one of our kids or an old steady hand we bring in on bigger wages.

The main problem with the Moyes era, in this regard wasn't the first 11, it was the mcfaddens and the stracqs and the senderos and hitzlspergers who played 7 or 8 games a year as cover for injury while our kids sat on the bench stagnating.

It's unfair for Martinez to get a backlash based on how the previous manager worked but we want a sign that things will change and bringing in a 30 year old to sit on the bench rather than trusting duffy and stones is a bad sign.

Yeah, but that's the point isn't it. The 4th CB rarely gets much time (see duffy), the question is whether our first back up is one of our kids or an old steady hand we bring in on bigger wages.

The main problem with the Moyes era, in this regard wasn't the first 11, it was the mcfaddens and the stracqs and the senderos and hitzlspergers who played 7 or 8 games a year as cover for injury while our kids sat on the bench stagnating.

It's unfair for Martinez to get a backlash based on how the previous manager worked but we want a sign that things will change and bringing in a 30 year old to sit on the bench rather than trusting duffy and stones is a bad sign.

Its not a bad sign, its being careful in case duffy and stones are not ready or good enough. Recken Johnny will be on his way out if we sign him.

We were buried as soon as Gregg's plan for that KD Stadium was knocked back by Kenwright with Woods and Carter's connivance. That was the last great opportunity and it was turned down because Kenwright wanted to stay in charge.

They've gone for a policy of zero investment and maximum borrowing...add that to a commercial operation that the term clown shoes is actually a compliment to and you get the almighty mess we have today where tens of millions heaped onto the club is going to make no difference and we'll remain in, at best, a sell to buy mode.

Very True - we are now "reaping" the consequences of past decisions but Bill's not going to go till he snuffs it (not that I would wish that on him !!) How some of our fans can't see what the board are doing to this club is beyond me - does anyone know exactly how much we have to spend without selling Baines or Fellaini???

Even it didnt oust them from power, id love to watch you chasing them with a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back